close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ohio River@Tanners Creek 6/27/04

Discussion in 'Ohio River Fishing Reports' started by skipjack11, Jun 28, 2004.

1. skipjack11

skipjack11 retread member

We put in at Tanners Sunday and found some nice shad in Hogan Creek.It was a good thing because live shad was the only thing that worked for us. We caught two blues,two flat head,and one hybred striper.Cats were all under 8lb. Striper about 3lb. We decided to call it quits about 11PM. We had some excitement at the mouth of Hogan Creek. We were anchored near shore not far from the barge piling. I saw a large boat that appeared to be headed straight at us from up-river. :eek: He ran between us and the bank at about half throttle which pitched us all over the place and caused him to run aground. :mad: We heard the crazed captain tell a beer bottle brandishing babe that he ran aground because we were anchored in his way.With that,my partner let him have it and asked him what was wrong with the 100 yards of open water on the other side of our boat? Beer brandishing babe said she was sorry,crazed captain managed to get off mud flat,and we went back to fishing.

2. Doctor

Doctor CJ Cat Attack Pack

Lynn and I got the tar skeered out of us there on Saturday night, we had just anchored down there in the bend of the river, near that 70 foot hole at the mouth of Hogan's when we hear " Drop your weapons and come out with your hands up" Man I turned and stayed down in the boat, Lynn looked up over the windshield thought it was a stand-off, me I was ready to pull the anchor and get the h#ll outta Dodge, it was a movie at that Marina there on the corner, big screen and big speakers Man talk about a heart racer, it sounded just like the real thing.............Doc

3. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

*LOL*...clean your panties out too !!! :D

4. DavidWS10

DavidWS10 Bankless Boat Trash

Al, I'm glad you were able to get on a few fish. I really wish my luck would start improving. And I'm glad the morons in the big boat ran aground instead of hitting you. Maybe someday he will sober up and learn how to drive.

Doc, you reminded me of something that happened Saturday right after I anchored down on the Rock Pile. I was just starting to put out my lines when I heard about 8-10 gunshots coming from the U.S. 50 direction. And in less than 3 minutes, I heard sirens galore coming from the same direction. It really made me wonder about that area. As for the "Boat-In" theater at Hogan's Creek, the last time I was out without any problems, that theater was playing "The Abyss." And I was thinking that would be the last movie I'd want to see when I'm out on the river at night.

5. I am glad Skipjack that you guys are ok.Fishing the river at night kinda bothers me after last year.We were upstream from Schmidt about 3 am,we notice a pontoon boat coming right at us.We are thinking this guy has to see us,frt & rear running lights and a black & white light on 8 ft pole.Well when they get about 100 ft away we shine the spot on them.Thought the driver was going to fall out the boat he was so suprised.He did turn a little & cruised by us half throttle about 8 ft away.Everyone on the boat except the driver was passed out.Wish I had a m80 on a stick,would have been great to wake them all up as they cruised by!Be carefull all,it seems if you want to get drunk & cruise the river it is OK. Daryl