Yesterday started off on a pretty good note. Launched at Tanners around 3:30 and proceeded to search for shad. Being as I was by myself, I couldn't get my boat into position and make the throw at the same time. It was a good thing I stopped and bought some goldfish, chubs and israelis carp. Headed out to the river around 4:00, but not before talking with Doc and Lynn. I anchored up at my first spot and had a 3.8# flathead in the boat at 4:30. I stayed there for about another 30 minutes and then headed down stream. And so did my day/evening. I anchored up on my second spot, after marking tons of fish but couldn't get but 1 bite, and then I couldn't get that one on the hook. But anyways, there was a lot of boat traffic on the river yesterday, so I was getting rocked pretty good at times. A barge went by and rocked me a good one. A few minutes later, I notice water covering my aft floor boards about an inch deep - not good. The first thing I do is hit the switch for my bilge pump and it does nothing - getting worse. I flip the cover open over the engine to ventilate while I crank in my rods real quick and there is about 6" of water in the bilge (getting scarey). I get the engine started, my anchor up, and I head towards the ramp (about 3 miles, I think). By now, I'm carrying so much water, even with the throttle to the stop I can't get over about 10 miles an hour, not can I get the boat on plane. The bow is riding so high, I'm standing between the walk-through windshield just to see what's in front of me. Anyways, I beach the boat, run and get my truck, and get the trailer into the water. Three guys came down and helped me get loaded; and for their assistance I am very grateful. I pulled the bilge plug right after I got the boat out of the water, and water was shooting out as though someone turned on a garden hose - shooting out the back of my boat in a 3/4" stream about 4' long. Ultimately, there was so much water in the boat that even after spending 20 minutes securing everything and the 25 minute ride home, there was still water dripping from the bilge after I parked it at 7:30. Needless to say, I did have on my pfd, and I had the mic for my marine radio in hand ready to declare a mayday. I truly didn't know if I'd make it back to the ramp or if my boat would become structure. And I'm very glad I was fishing alone - I don't believe I could've stayed afloat with anymore weight. But anyways, aside from the bilge pump replacement, now comes the fun part, trying to figure out what failed, causing me to take on so much water. But apart from the near-catastrophe, it was a very pleasurable day. NOT!!! One more thing, I did get drunk after I got home; otherwise, I wouldn't have slept last night.