close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ohio River Tanners Creek 5-2-04 fishing report

Discussion in 'Ohio River Fishing Reports' started by Doctor, May 2, 2004.

1. Doctor

Doctor CJ Cat Attack Pack

Larry and I had planned to go to the river on Saturday night but we got hit with a bad storm so decided we would wait till sunday morning, 4:30 am we headed for the river arrived at Tanners to be greeted with a Salomoid tournament, looked like well over a hundred boats, once we got launched those guys were already on the river.

Headed to the first spot and Larry scored a double striper right after we got anchored down[​IMG]

It rained from about 6:30 till almost 10am but the fish were biting, Man we seen so many fish rolling in the water. So Larry pulls out a rod with a bobber on it and just gives me a lesson in catching fish, I was totally amazed with what he was doing seemed like fish after fish and he missed a lot of them but he was having a blast, he also caught this monster, notice how he is straining holding this big flathead!!!

[​IMG]

Here is MrfishOhio's famous foot shot along with the bait of choice for these big boys

[​IMG]

All in all we had a great time, no big ones largest was 6# 15oz, blue, but Larry caught 11 fish and Doc caught 6, marked a lot of fish, caught a lot of trees and debris, it was real heavy out there, when we came out of Tanners the river was green when we came back into Tanners the river was very muddy and rising fast, father and son had a great time together, just catching fish and having a blast, don't get any better, thanks again Larry for the invite........Doc

2. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Thanks for the report Doc, always enjoy hearing about your trips to the river.

3. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Hint, get a smaller SHOE !! :)

4. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

:p :confused: :D :D :eek:

Attached Files:

5. catfishhunter1

catfishhunter1 Doc's personal net boy

mrfishohio now i know how catkings catfish become so big :eek:

6. DavidWS10

DavidWS10 Bankless Boat Trash

Doc, are you and Lynn going to hit the Ohio this coming weekend, or will you be pre-fishing the Michigan tourney?

7. Good fish Doc looks like you had fun :D daryl

8. Fishyguy

Fishyguy Crazy Catman

Good job guys, sounds like you had alot of fun.

9. Chuck P.

Chuck P. Here We Go Steelers

Good Job guys...

10. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

haha thats awsome, I sure would like to get a flat that size for a fish tank.

11. Sounds like a perfect father/sun outing!! I'll give you guys credit, that was some nasty cold rain on Sunday morning. You deserved a few fish just for venturing out.