Ohio River Sauger

Discussion in 'Ohio River Fishing Reports' started by Bassky, Nov 26, 2008.

1. I fished last nite from 5 - 8 pm below Meldahl dam for sauger. Fishing was S L O W!!! There was 3 in the boat and only 4 sauger caught and 1 white bass. Only one keeper around 14". Fishing with silver buddies, spoons and jigs. No minnows. Has anyone been catching any sauger on the Big O? If so, early morning, mid day, or late afternoon, nite? What has been a good pattern, with minnows/without? I have been hearing mixed reports here and there. Some doing well, some not. I haven't been doing any good at all. Please give some feedback, I need some THERAPY bad!
    Thanks,
    Bassky
    :confused:

2. firecat

firecat Larry Lange

Bassky did you see any skipjacks being caught?

Larry

3. I find fishing from 11 pm on is best

4. kyjake

kyjake Still learning

Been slow for me this year fishing with jig and plastic.Have seen a few nice stringers caught on shiners.
    Jake

5. Today Was A Great Day On The Water. Fished Below The Dam Caught Some Very Nice Sauger!!!! All On Blade Baits. All Of Us Had A Blast Today... Also Caught Some Crappie Too.... THATS MY FUTURE WIFE AND FATHER IN-LAW!!!!!

Attached Files:

6. ^That is a BIG crappie!

I fish Pike Island but I do good with cranks all night peaking at sunrise.

7. I prefer the night bite too while fishing for sauger

8. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Great photo skeet. I hear they are starting to bite in the Cinci area ;)

9. hopefully things pick up after this rain.

10. Fishman, The Fishing Is Has Been Good. We Have Just Had To Travel A Little Longer Just To Find Them.. We limited out the 3 days we were out and the other boats did as well,that fished around us.There were more catfish caught than I have seen in the past. Many were small,with one nice flathead.

11. Have any of you notice the 3 inch drum in the stomach contents of the 17 to 22 inch saugers . The drum must of had a heck of a hatch this year , they are good for something .

12. What are the saugeye limits on the O.R?

13. I aint 100% but i think its 6 (singly or in aggregate w/ sauger & walleye). check out the dnr website to be sure.

14. The Ohio limit is 10 on the river 6 any other body of water in Ohio .

15. montagc

montagc Always an inch shy

Could be quillbacks....

16. Skeet your future wife needs a nap, she looks sleepy...:eek:

17. Yes she was!!!!!!!;)

18. Guess I'll hunt for my limit next week on Thursday my off day 'cause I got skunked this week from Meldahl's bank. I did notice a lot of sea gulls over on the Kentucky side by the sand. I may need my boat this week for sure. LOL

19. sounds so familiar, haha; JUST KIDDING THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST YEAR EVERRRRRR.