close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ohio River Question

Discussion in 'Ohio River Fishing Reports' started by AEFISHING, Jun 4, 2007.

1. AEFISHING

AEFISHING Crappie Freak

Want to go out of Rising Sun to catfish for the first time ever. If I have an Ohio license and just fish the main river would I be fine? If anyone knows any good spots to try out that way I would appreciate it.

2. Doctor

Doctor CJ Cat Attack Pack

You will need a Indiana or Kentucky to fish that portion of the Ohio River, your Ohio license will cover you till the 275 bridge below Cincinatti but no farther south, and Indiana IDNR will not show you any sympathy if your carring an Ohio license and fishing there waters without one of the above...................Doc

3. AEFISHING

AEFISHING Crappie Freak

Thanks Doc. We changed are location with that information. I sent you an email. Nice website by the way. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4. Doc's right about the water roosters from Indiana. Be very careful if you go up the Great Miami. There is a small section that goes into Indiana territory and the water roosters like to patrol it. My buddy and I got checked in this small area where we were catching bait. I was driving the boat while my buddy threw his throw net. This guy comes over and tells us we are fishing in Indiana. First, I didn't know that driving a boat was fishing. second, I didn't know catching shad was fishing, and third, I asked where the boundaries were and all he could do was point to some big tree on the bank. He said that this tree was close to the line. LOL. I bet a judge would still site me even if I asked him where this tree was. They always side with the roosters. This guy didn't give us a ticket because it was time for him to go home and he didn't want any additional paper work. I'm guessin. He sure did try to make us uneasy though with his talk of handcuffing people that don't have Indy License and hauling them before a judge. I don't fish that spot anymore even though it has some good hybrids. I just wonder who stocked those hybrids anyway. Does Indy stock hybrids in the GM river or the Ohio River? Just courious.

5. just the ohio, they like to follow the shad up the river

6. Morone, I know that area very well and in the first 11/2 miles the river crosses the border a couple times. Most of the CO's don't even know where the lines are. Part of the problem is the river bank movin all the time. More than once I've told a CO he's in the wrong state;)

Sliprig