Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one been catchin any largemouth or smallmouth on the ohio? Seems like the main river has been up all year. Just kinda curious what they have been biteing on I have not fished the river all year and I got talked into fishin a bfl tourney in maysville so any advice would help thanks.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
bass fished gallipolis pool yesterday...very muddy water everywhere...went about 3 miles up racoon creek...caught two small spots and nice striper about 17"...highlight was catching a shovel on powerbait chiggercraw and a blue cat on a crank.

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Ohub Campfire mobile app

Attachments

·
Waiting For Spring
21 Posts
Been large mouth fishing ever so often generally in between the byrd dam and Huntington.. It has been slow man
.. generally a 3 fish trip . Most of my fish.have came out of the rocky bank on the Oh side right below the dam. Biggest of the year from the river was a 2.5 lber in these same rocks This year all river large mouth I have caught have been about the size of the one attached. Hot baits have been a silver floating rebel minnow. A large rebel cricket. A bomber model a in a bass minnow color zoom green pumpkin trickworms rigged weightless.... pm or comment me where ur generally fishin at and ill let you know.some spots I always hit.

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Went out yesterday was around the racetrack area and just shy of the beaver creek inlet - mostly smallies couple descents keepers the rest were keepers but in the line . We got all of ours on drop shot rigs

·
Registered
1 Posts
I fish down near Maysville and this has been one of the best years I can remember on the river. Catching a lot more smallmouth than usual.

·
Resident fishing idiot
959 Posts
we had a good day at weigh in sunday, we took 8th, 9 something won it, we had 7.05 in 5 fish, one guy had 7.07 in 4 fish, big bass was down to only almost 4 lbs. but they are in tehre and ready to catch, just got to modify your tactics, we must have tossed back 10 shorts and a mean bluegill, culled 3.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
pm or comment me where ur generally fishin at and ill let you know.some spots I always hit.
Hey man,

I'll be fishing the TBF Northern Divisional on the Ohio River September 1-6. We are fishing Pike Island Pool, Hannibal Pool, and Willow Island Pool.

Any suggestions on that area? I've never fished there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts