close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ohio river fishing question

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by hoytman27, Jun 1, 2007.

1. Can you fish from a boat anywhere on the ohio river with an ohio fishing license? wanting to go the the markland dam in my boat with a ohio license

2. catking

catking Banned

Yes you can , any place except inland creeks and rivers leading into the river from the KY side. Good luck to you. That is a great place you will be fishing. Be careful..... THE CATKING !!!

3. Markland Dam is in INDIANA. An Ohio license will get you a ticket down there.

4. So is it yes or no? Who can I call?

5. ScottB

ScottB SW Ohio

If you are on the Ohio River between KY and OH, then a Ohio license will be fine. If you are on the river between KY and IN, then you will need either a KY or IN license. I think the IN and OH border is between the 275 bridge and where the Great Miami meets the OH, but I'm not positive. I always get an Indiana non-resident license, so I don't need to worry about it.

6. A KY non resident will let you fish more of the Ohio River if you have any plans of going further south. They did raise their price this year from $35 to $50 I think it was. Good Luck!