Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ohio River Cincy area???

Discussion in 'Ohio River Fishing Reports' started by twistertail, Mar 7, 2005.

1. My brother lives by Cincy and we want to spend a weekend fishing the Ohio River but neither one of us has fished it before. Looking to hit the white bass or hybrids this spring and we dont have a boat so any help on where to fish and what to use would be great. Thanks a lot guys.
  2. It is about 45 min drive east on us 52. Good bank access and a good bet for spring time whitebass/hybrids or sauger. When the redbuds start to bloom around the second week in April the white bass are stacked up below the dam.

3. Thanks. I have heard that Meldahl is good. Is the Ky or Ohio side better?
  4. For the white bass I'd probably hit the KY side. That being said I've had some pretty good days on the Ohio side just downstream of the end of the lock wall. Use twister tails, 3" on 1/4 or 1/8 oz jig heads or a slip rig with large crappie/small bass minnow. Be prepared to lose a few as this is rocky/snaggy area. Also you'll end up with sauger, especially on the live bait. My experience is that the sauger run small 6" to 10". However I've caught some really nice white bass in the 1-2 lb range.