Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ohio River @Cincy 6/26

Discussion in 'Ohio River Fishing Reports' started by hunterm, Jun 27, 2004.

1. Slow afternoon/evening on the river. Put in @Schmidt and ran up river. Went looking for Shad but nada all up and down the Little Miami and I managed 1 lousy shad. Had backup bait so ran up around Riverbend, had a lot of the tap,tap,tap and nothing, daughter caught one dink. Around 8:00 headed down into town. Went to the mill creek for another fruitless bait quest. Fished from downtown back up toward Schmidt, managed two more fish-channels 5 lbs and 3 lbs. about 11:00 I look over at my daughter and she is sawing logs, figure that is the hint it is time to pack it in.

I think I've developed a bait curse, I'm not marking much so I'm blind throwing until my arm about falls off and I'm getting nada.
  2. skipjack11

skipjack11 retread member

Sorry to hear about your slow nite. I'll be putting in at Tanners this afternoon with a friend. I'll post our results tomorrow. :)

3. I went out Saturday morning and the kid managed 1 small flat and a decent channel in front of the serpentine wall. I had to fish there as my motor decided not to start (at least I had the TM battery charged up!). Saw a lot of shad when I launched, but when I threw the net I think the saw it and scattered. They were getting hammered by white bass, I know this because that's all I could catch in the net (don't worry, threw em back)...