Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Slow afternoon/evening on the river. Put in @Schmidt and ran up river. Went looking for Shad but nada all up and down the Little Miami and I managed 1 lousy shad. Had backup bait so ran up around Riverbend, had a lot of the tap,tap,tap and nothing, daughter caught one dink. Around 8:00 headed down into town. Went to the mill creek for another fruitless bait quest. Fished from downtown back up toward Schmidt, managed two more fish-channels 5 lbs and 3 lbs. about 11:00 I look over at my daughter and she is sawing logs, figure that is the hint it is time to pack it in.

I think I've developed a bait curse, I'm not marking much so I'm blind throwing until my arm about falls off and I'm getting nada.

·
retread member
346 Posts
Sorry to hear about your slow nite. I'll be putting in at Tanners this afternoon with a friend. I'll post our results tomorrow. :)

·
Registered
508 Posts
I went out Saturday morning and the kid managed 1 small flat and a decent channel in front of the serpentine wall. I had to fish there as my motor decided not to start (at least I had the TM battery charged up!). Saw a lot of shad when I launched, but when I threw the net I think the saw it and scattered. They were getting hammered by white bass, I know this because that's all I could catch in the net (don't worry, threw em back)...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts