close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ohio River CD???

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by Buckeye Bob, Apr 9, 2004.

1. Buckeye Bob

Buckeye Bob rrbski, The Happy Carper

Just wondering if anyone has viewed this CD and what they thought of it. It was made by the writer that interviewed me for the carp article in Ohio Game and Fish.....also a new carping article to be coming out in Fur, Fish and Game. Anywho....got one coming and will post a review of my thoughts...but, interested in hearing from the Ohio River guys that may have it/watched it.

Ohio River CD by Ed Harp

Happy Easter all...and good fishing to ya.

2. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

It's got all the river charts on it. Not alot of pictures, but it's well worth it for the charts. It was a little difficult for me to navigate, but you'll learn quick enough & you can download the charts to your computer then print them, etc.

3. Well worth the money.

Mike

4. Corey

Corey OGF Team-Charter Member

I found it extremely helpful and well laid out. One tip that most of you probably already found out is that it works much better with Microsoft Office than in Wordpad. In Office, open any charts in "preview" then you can use the directional buttons to jump from chart to chart instead of closing one and opening another. Ed did a great job on it and I just gotta give an extra "Thanks" to Doc & Lynn for adding some info for me. Don't worry guys, he didn't give up any hard earned Cat info, just some ideas on the river 'Eyes for me. I really like the ability to edit, add notations, highlight areas, etc.. Boy you can sure zoom right into some of those creeks and under the bridges in the pics. Somebody tell that guy in the boat he has a button missing on his shirt, lol.

5. Buckeye Bob

Buckeye Bob rrbski, The Happy Carper

Thanks guys...you got me waiting in anticipation ;) Good fishing all.

6. funny thing about that bob, last time i talked to ed he told be he had a guy he was getting ready to do a carp fishing story about and i told him if he falls thru let me know i know a guy who has it all and knows his stuff(you...lol) good thing he didnt have to goto plan b