Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if anyone has fished the section of the Ohio that is on the border of Ohio and West Virginia and if you have how did you do ?

·
Registered
651 Posts
Check the Ohio river fishing forum, and use the search button to search "new Cumberland dam" you should find enough info to keep you busy for a while!

There are a whole group of us that fish down there... Starting up in the next few weeks ALL THE WAY through winter! If your crazy enough you can join ;) gotta be willing to wake up around 5am n fish in snow though! ;)

·
HeWhoDiesWithTheMostToysWins
4,941 Posts
Check the Ohio river fishing forum, and use the search button to search "new Cumberland dam" you should find enough info to keep you busy for a while!
There are a whole group of us that fish down there... Starting up in the next few weeks ALL THE WAY through winter! If your crazy enough you can join ;) gotta be willing to wake up around 5am n fish in snow though! ;)

Jhouser;
"Was wondering if anyone has fished the section of the Ohio that is on the border of Ohio and West Virginia and if you have how did you do?"

Ohio, WV, AND PA! ;),;),;) (THAT'S THE IMPORTANT CLUE!) :D
Boat or Bank? Where do you live? When can you fish? Only cats?
We usually have a seat in the truck open,,,, for anyone who wants to learn, & share.
We target the sauger, eyes & crappies mostly,,, The 'Good eaters'.

LMAO! Matt,,, 5am & Snow? Sounds like YOUR GET'N SOFT!? :p
You know, Paul & Rick are catching sauger limits, just about every time (afternoon) down? You should join us?

·
Registered
651 Posts
Hmm.. So how's that light duty going jerry? Guess in your eyes that just means SOMEONE ELSE has to carry your minnow bucket??!!! ;) was going to call you, a buddy from work report catching big numbers of sauger last weekend closer to Marietta!

As far as cats go.... I personally would start on the Ohio side under new Cumberland Damn, and or try the mouths of feeder creeks ;)

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm going to go down there Saturday. Now I looked it up on google maps. Where should I launch at ? Thank you all for all of the advice. You guys are awesome!!

·
4,941 Posts
I'm going to go down there Saturday. Now I looked it up on google maps. Where should I launch at ? Thank you all for all of the advice. You guys are awesome!!

Now see,,, you still didn't answer/ give us any clues as to WHERE?
If you read, post & 'Search' on the O River forum, you'll find many answers.
'We' launch at New Cumberland, WV, & Toronto, Ohio to fish below the dam.
Chester & Liverpool, above the dam. 24-7 lights & docks.
And at the Little Beaver River. That park/ launch is open till dark.
The Island above the rt30 bridge,,,, Behind the cement plant,,, the water is SLOW & 30'+ DEEP! (just another hint) Take suckers & gills. Cut their tail off so they bleed. :)

·
4,941 Posts
Hmm.. So how's that light duty going jerry? Guess in your eyes that just means SOMEONE ELSE has to carry your minnow bucket??!!! ;) was going to call you, a buddy from work report catching big numbers of sauger last weekend closer to Marietta!

Light duty? LMAO! ME? I was Finishing concrete 4 days after,,,, but the perch jerk'n & eye net'n is what HURT! :D :D
Numbers of Sauger? Yep
Ahhh Rick only landed 5 yesterday, & 2 eyes,,, all throwbacks. + Many Large white bass being caught,,, they're hitting fatheads on the bottom.
A couple of those THICK 12" crappies were being caught too.
Like I told Chris,,, You gotta go,,, even if it's just to watch! It's unreal what you can learn in a coupl'a trips down.
Paul just found out about a huge deep hole that's below a sand bar. An 'ol local said that in another month, dropping river temps, it'll fill up solid with sauger,,,, I gotta take my boat! ;>)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts