Ohio River Blues?

Discussion in 'Catfish Discussion' started by Garyoutlaw77, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Garyoutlaw77

Garyoutlaw77 Rough Fish Ambassador

I have an old fella wanting help to book a guided trip on the Ohio River for Blue's & I thought I'd post up here first.

2. Steelwolve

Steelwolve COCC- Director

The only one I know of is a guy I took a trip with last summer, I dont want to bash him by name due to the fact that "fishings like poker sometimes you take bad beats" but for the money I was VERY dissapotinted, I know its a crapshoot but when paying close to 500$,(2 people , 8 hours) i would had liked to hook more than 1- 5 lb blue, no flatheads, and 1 -2lb channel. He was also 30 mins late to ramp and we spent the first 2 hours (no exageration) chasing what he thought was a school of shad with a castnet only to find out that they were whitebass. We fished with 3-4 inch cut shad cause he couldnt find any bigger ones. (felt like that was something he should have had taken care of before my 8 hours started) And when we were done he didnt even offer a discount towards another trip since we had such a terrible outting. My advice is read up on here and sites like hookedoncatfish.com, and plan a trip with somebody with a boat or rent one. And heck you come away with a much better feeling of acomplishment when you do it yourself. Good luck....

3. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Sometimes a couple of us, such as Salmonid and myself are a person short of taking multiple boats out. Let us when you might like to go and maybe we could hook up. Heck I just heard the rumor of ther $4/gallon gas prices by summer, so I know I'll be looking for folks to go w/ me, just to help pay for 1/2the gas.