close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ohio River Access Help

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by mcmd8700, Aug 26, 2004.

1. I would like to know if there is place to launch a boat closer to the Ohio/Indiana border (near I-275). I have put in at schmidt field before, but it's a good 10 mile run in the boat to get down to that area. The GMR is also to shallow to handle my boat, so Shawnee would not work. I would appreciate any help!

Mike

2. catking

catking Banned

What about Tanners Creek. It's right behind the Mickey D's on Rt. 50. near the gambling boats. Exit 16 off 275( Greendale-Lawranceville) and is about 5 miles on the left..CATKING

3. Thanks for the help King. Do you know where the discharges from the power plants are around there? I have fished the discharges up in moscow with chicken livers, and have done quite well. I was wondering if the action is good on this end as well.

Thanks again

4. Also, is there a fee for Tanner's Creek?

5. catking

catking Banned

Hey mcmd8700- The discharges is right up the river out of Tanners. Cannot miss it. Also, the GMR emptys out up on the left bank not that far away. No fee for Tanners, and is very easily accessed. Good Luck. CATKING

6. Carpn

Carpn BOWFISHERMAN

Yes, Tanners would be your best bet..Its a nice ramp, especially by Ohio river standards.

7. Thanks for the help!