close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ohio Record Fish...Some Missing

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by AndroDoug, Jul 3, 2004.

1. AndroDoug

AndroDoug Duke of Bucketmouth

That little grass pike that JohnBoat caught at Mog, being about 13" or so, got me curious to what the state record was. (Since they only usually grow to 10 inches)

Why is there not grass pike on the list?

I bet there are more fish not on the list that should be as well. What designations have to be met to get on the list? How does the Pink Salmon get on that list when one has never been caught in Ohio yet? Why not add Groupers and Lemon Sharks to that list as well if Pink Salmon is on it?!?!

Doesn't make sense.

Here is the link http://www.ohiodnr.com/wildlife/fishing/recordfish_fshohio/rcrdfish.htm

2. Dingo

Dingo

Pink Salmon have been caught in Ohio for years. They seem to run every other year in the early fall on the Erie tribs. Not in great numbers. I've caught about a half-dozen or so throughout the years. Biggest was my first, in 1990 or 1991 - about 25". Probably could have been a state record, if it was on the list at that time. Most others were in the 16/18" range.

Brook trout was removed (retired) since you can't legally keep them in Ohio any more.

3. AndroDoug

The state record is "OPEN" for Pink Salmon. That means the first person to turn in, or validate a catch, would be the record holder. Right? I am assuming no one has validated one being caught yet. If it is on the list, I assume they are around, and have been caught before. But no one has validated it, I guess. You should turn your next one in and be the record holder!

4. My buddy caught one of those little grass pike out at Mogadore today. It also measured in at 13". Just thought that was kinda strange after seeing JohnBoats catch. Maybe there is more of these little guys in here then we think.

5. LiquidTension

LiquidTension mouse potato

i believe what he caught was a chain pickerel, and its on the list... right above northern pike

6. what's the record for red snapper???

7. AndroDoug

I belive that record is 600 lbs. I saw the record in the parking lot and lounge of the TA truck stop at I-76 and I-71!

:D :D :p

8. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

good one AndroDoug....laughin my tail off....

flash-----------------------------out