close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ohio Power

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by bookey1977, Feb 3, 2005.

1. Anyone have Info on the ice and where the best lakes are to hit? I plan on trying this Sat. Maybe start at camp C.
    Been fishing shreve lake a couple of times, just cant seem to get them to bite. Had 8" of good ice though. If anyone can clue me in I would appreciate it. :eek:

2. From "C" where the boat ramp is head towards hook lake campsite "A" but while on the dirt road that heads that way (towards rt 83) the 3rd lake on your left has some real nice gills in it... It will have a very small dirt boat ramp on it... I have alwasy done good there...

3. I'll try to find an satalite map of the area and post it here...

4. Thanks, I will see if I can find my map book that has the lakes in it.

5. Here is a bad map but should help you if you know the area at all...

Attached Files:

6. opps was 2nd lake not 3rd

7. bassmastermjb

bassmastermjb The Lucky One

You need to get yourself a map of the region from the Ohio Power Company.They used to send a map along with their permits many years ago.Try any bait shop in the area and they might be able to hook you up with one.It's been quite a while since I've been down there, but the best fishing was always at the lakes and ponds that did not have a campground.There's 550 lakes and ponds in 15 square miles, and the ones that see the most pressure are the campground lakes.

8. Thanks Antrky! I Used To Have The Maps Years Ago And Plan On Visiting Soon! Great For Hunting! :)

9. Hit OP saturday.
    Tryed four different lakes.
    Drilled 100 holes tryed every jig and depth I could come up with.
    Two dink blue gilles after seven hours of pounding the ice.
    Not a single other person ice fishing.
    Don't think it was worth the two hour drive. :( :mad:

10. Some ponds are pretty bad for fishign due to all the Amish that go down and take all they can get... The off path lakes still hold some really nice fish in size and numbers... That is still a tough drive though I hear you there...

11. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

I hit a pond there last weekend and my buddy and I prolly caught 150 fish over the course of the day, but none were real big, just some good keepers here and there. But we could only catch fish out of one small spot, nowhere else. It was very strange. We watched some people come and go b/c they were not in the one spot like we were and I'm sure most of the ponds are like this where if you hit the right spot you can smoke them, but it is just dumb luck to find it.

12. Hey Guys!!!!
    I fished the Ohio Power area a lot in the 70's. I had an old map that I was keeping records on.. Such as what lake or pond, type to fish that I caught and the size of fish caught. If I can find it, I will try to post what I have.......... A few years ago I walked about a half an hour to a secluded pond, only to find a parking lot and road had been built.. LOL
    I know that some of the ponds have been taken out. There sure was some nice bass in those ponds, Caught my best crappie there too.
    I may also try to check out some of the ponds that I can remember.
    Stan

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015