close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ohio Power

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Mr. Smallie, Feb 15, 2009.

1. Mr. Smallie

Mr. Smallie master angler

Does anybody out there have info on the Ohio Power ponds? I'm trying to plan a spring break trip and would appreciate any information on areas/ponds to try, as well as best campsites, techniques, etc. I've been there years ago, but don't remember much about it. I've still got my old permit form 20 years ago.

2. FishJunky

FishJunky AEP Tuber Association

I think campsite K is the best with campsite C coming in second. Google AEP ReCreation Land and go to that website. It give's you a map of all the land and ponds. It also tells you where all the campsite's are. The two campsite's I named have lake's on them and near them.

3. Mr. Smallie

Thanks for the info!!

4. JignPig Guide

JignPig Guide Fishing Guide

Also, you may want to keep in mind that:
    D- Sawmill only offers a small portion of it's former campground. And it's lake has been drained.
    N- Keffler Kamp has been closed for the past several years.
    A- Hook Lake is a youth only fishing area.

I just thought I would throw this in so you won't loose time in your campsite search.

5. Mr. Smallie

jignpig, what area would you recommend for the least crowded campground and best catch and release fishing? I have a small 2 man bass hunter style boat.

6. JignPig Guide

JignPig Guide Fishing Guide

That direct of a question is comparable to asking a married man specifics on his wife's desires...
    I recommend camping wherever you think it's the least crowded. And fishing wherever you think fits your style of fishing. Any other information, I would have to send you a bill... LOL!

7. BBANKS

BBANKS John Deere Puller

That right there is funny, i dont care who you are!

8. Mr. Smallie

Yeah, after looking at my post, I realized how stupid it was. I guess it doesn't hurt to try! I guess it would make more sense to look FOR the crowds.