close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ohio Lakes: Motor Limit and Trolling Motor only

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Shadrac, Aug 20, 2007.

1. Hello

I recently bought a bigger boat- 17' 50HP aluminum bass boat

My question is this- can I use this boat on lakes with 9.9 limit or trolling motor only if I only use the trolling motor?

I did a search on this in the site and there seems to be some confusion and a variety of interpretations

Or do you just call ODNR about the body of water

thanks in advance

Shadrac

2. Bassboy883

Bassboy883 Frog This

I would call ODNR just to be safe only takes a couple minutes and then theres no confusion.

3. I used to have an old Starcraft with a 40 horse on it and I fished Hargus and Madison all the time (both are electric motor only) just used the trolling motor and was never questioned. I know lots of guys fish Hoover (10 hp limit) with big motors and just use thier trollers or kicker motors with no trouble.

4. BigDaddy300

BigDaddy300 multi species angler

It usually is dependant on the rules of a particular lake. Take for instance LaDue which is electric only. You can not even have a gas motor hanging on the boat there. But I know of other electric only lakes where you can. Pymy is a 10hp limit lake and you can have your big motor on the boat. I am sure you can find something online about the rules of various lakes. Good luck!