close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ohio Gold Panning?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by XL506, Aug 2, 2007.

1. Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you pan for gold in this ole' state... I know that most of the gold in Ohio is " Placer Gold " ( Gold, thats been drug down by Northern Glaciers, and etc ). But, if you're like me. You will do anything you can, just to be outdoors ( except play ball, golf, etc lol ). I've read cases of gold being found pretty close to my area ( Not sure which stream ). I've heard that any glacial carved stream will produce gold. To me this sounds like a fun time, I know that a man won't get rich panning for gold in Ohio, but being outside, and enjoying the sights, and sounds is a major plus for me. And also, having a small, showable collection of gold, and other neat finds is something I would like to start doing as a hobby. IF anyone pans or knows someone who does. Any help would be appreciated. Any streams ( close to me ) would be appreciated. Have fun, and hold on..

Matt

2. if u have The Outdoor Channel u need to check it out, usually saturday morning they have a show about panning gold and finding gold and have an association that one can belong to that gives people access to areas that only members can access heres a link to the show

http://www.outdoorchannel.com/Shows.aspx?genre=Adventure&format=sd&day=0

heres another link for u to the GPAA site which is the association i was talking about, u get a book showing where all the major gold deposits are all over the US.

http://www.goldprospectors.org

they have done some shows in ohio and kentucky where they did find gold. hope this helps

3. Thanks so much. I got the extra package with Digital Cable to get the " Fishing " channel, and it use to just show gold prospectors and this and that.. and I always passed them up, now that Im wanting to pick up this hobby, Im kicking myself lol.. Thanks for the help bass

4. no probs man, those shows are really cool some of the places they go and the history they show on the shows is really interesting to see. good luck in your venture and hope ya strike it rich!

5. The show you're talking about is called Gold Fever. Not sure why but I find myslef watching it everytime I find it's on. It really is pretty interesting.

6. Laughing at Dakotaman.....I do the same thing ! I'll watch a hunting show and next thing I know i'm watching an old toothless man give tips on panning for gold on Gold Fever.

7. K gonefishin

K gonefishin Eye Slayer

I do the same thing here, LOL, It sucks me in somehow even though I have no interest, the 4 wheeling, trout and salmon fishing is cool stuff tho.

8. BigDaddy300

BigDaddy300 multi species angler

Same thing here. That show is like a train wreck, you just have to watch. How about the theme song:D

9. Sorry but I just have to say this and I'm laughing as I type this so its intended to be funny. But all we have to do is wait till XL finds the gold and he'll tell us where its at. I have no problems with your posts at all but after reading that one about the spot on the river I thought you might like this.

10. That theme song sticks in your head and it's so horrible!! Go Go Gold Fe Fe Fever!

11. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Yup that's it. The reason ya get stuck is the hypnotic intro song "gold gold gold gold fever fever fever"

lol, honestly though it's a very intesting show!

12. Yeah, you get mesmerized by the RIDICULOUS opening theme song.. " GOLD GOLD GOLD GOLD GOLD GOLD GOLD.. ( fever ).. GOLD GOLD GOLD GOLD" .. GOD SHOOT ME! lol

13. Dazed and Confused

Dazed and Confused Wanting Walleye

My first wife was a gold digger,I can give you her new address if you would like to contact her.:D

14. Well, hell " Dazed ".. My present ole' lady is a gold digger.. Maybe we can get them together and throw em off a bridge or somethin' lol

15. Eriesteamer

Eriesteamer BORN TO RIDE THE WAVES

Yep they can only hang you once so take my ex too.LOL save my neck