Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ohio finally has a new state operating budget!

And thanks to thousands of e-mails from caring citizens just like you and the tireless work of the OEC and our partners:

When you turn on the tap, you can continue to be assured of safe drinking water.
When you think of Ohio's energy future, you can take pride in knowing that only clean energy sources like solar, wind, and hydropower, not dirty energy sources such as tires and trash, will count toward Ohio's Renewable Energy Standards.
And when you plan a weekend getaway to Ohio's great State Parks, you can continue to enjoy their natural beauty, knowing they are safe from the threat of oil and gas drilling.
Read more about this solid progress - as well as some continuing challenges.

We urge you to send an e-mail today to Governor Strickland thanking him for standing up for Ohio's environment.

Finally, thank YOU for helping make all the progress possible!

Sincerely,

Keith Dimoff
Executive Director

P.S. In honor of the OEC's 40th anniversary this year, please make a donation of $40 to help us continue securing healthy air, land, and water for all who call Ohio home!

Send a letter to the following decision maker(s):
Governor Ted Strickland

Below is the sample letter:

Subject: Thank you for passing a state budget which includes environmental protections!

Dear [decision maker name automatically inserted here],

Thank you for supporting:

--better funding for safe drinking water, clean air, and clean lakes and rivers;

--keeping our beautiful State Parks protected from oil and gas drilling;

--continuing Ohio's Scenic & Wild Rivers program;

--keeping Ohio's Renewable Energy Standard free of dirty energy sources such as burning tires and trash;

--giving homeowners an option for low-cost financing of roof-top solar projects; and

--establishing more secure funding for food safety inspections.

Thanks to your support:

When I turn on the tap, I can continue to be assured of safe drinking water.

When new energy start-up companies consider investing in Ohio, then will know that Ohio's Renewable Energy Standard counts only clean energy sources (like solar, wind, and hydropower), not tires and trash.

And when I plan a weekend getaway to Ohio's great State Parks, I can count on enjoying our parks' natural beauty, knowing they are safe from the threat of oil and gas drilling.

Please know, though, that I am deeply concerned about the future of Ohio's 89 State Nature Preserves.

As you know, the new two-year State Operating Budget completely eliminates general funding for the Ohio Division of Natural Areas and Preserves. State Nature Preserves contain many of the last remnants of Ohio original prairie, old-growth forests, and wetlands.

How can Ohio care for these priceless natural resources with no general funding?

Please visit http://bit.ly/cF8qf to learn more about these and other concerns.

Thank you again for all of the progress in the new state budget law. And please find a way to protect - not abandon - Ohio's last bit of wilderness.

Sincerely,

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
P.S. In honor of the OEC's 40th anniversary this year, please make a donation of $40 to help us continue securing healthy air, land, and water for all who call Ohio home!
Yeah...I don't pay you enough in taxes already...so I'll get that $40.00 check right out to you.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Screw the parks, drill for oil.:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts