Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Team OGF
2,132 Posts
Our next open will be at Sandusky Bay.

Fishing is open to all OHIO waters.
This should be a fun tournament! I might be fishing this one. My daughters B-day is the 28th and I can't miss that. I might just have to leave the nati at 2am to get there but.... :p

So no fishing in Canadian or Michigan Waters?

·
Relaxing.
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Love to see you guys all get up there.

And if your a B.A.I.T member we are having a tournament there the day before on saturday the 28th.

The ohio waters is based off the new law about transporting fish. As far as i have been informed you still cannot transport fish across the state lines unless they are dead. Other tournaments are following the same rules.

·
Registered
277 Posts
They made the changes at the beginning of May on the VHS rules. Here is the press release.

USDA REVISES ITS FEDERAL ORDER REGARDING THE MOVEMENT OF LIVE FISH SUSCEPTIBLE TO VIRAL HEMORRHAGIC SEPTICEMIA

WASHINGTON, May 4, 2007--The U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service revised today its Federal Order on viral hemorrhagic septicemia (VHS), a highly contagious disease of some fresh and saltwater fish, to allow for catch-and-release fishing activities because they do not unduly increase the risk of introduction and spread of VHS.

The October 2006 Federal Order was established to prohibit the importation of 37 species of live fish from two Canadian provinces into the United States and the interstate movement of the same species from the eight states bordering the Great Lakes. Today’s revision of the Federal Order will allow for the catch-and-release of VHS-susceptible fish in waters that cross state and international boundaries. These activities include, recreational fishing, tournaments, competitions, fishing derbies or other types of contests where individuals catch, compare and release live VHS-susceptible fish. Catch-and-release fishing activities do not include the movement of VHS-susceptible fish intended to be used as live bait.

·
Relaxing.
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you Matt i will double check things but if that is the case then the waters are open to were ever and how ever far a guy wants to go as long as he makes it back to the check in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts