close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ohio Div II WILD card MOVED to ALUM this Saturday

Discussion in 'Tournament Discussion' started by Fish4Fun, Aug 24, 2007.

1. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

It is official

OHIO Div II of BAIT

tournament is being moved from pleasant hill to alum creek this saturday Aug 25th.

Alum Creek

Cheshire Ramp

6:30am to 2:30pm

2. How many boats are you guys expecting? Our club tourney just went from having the lake to ourselves to 2 other tournaments!!!! Just curious.

3. Cavedogg- which ramp are you guys launching from? The big jr unior tourny is launching from New Galena Saturday and Sunday.

4. fishingredhawk

fishingredhawk Ohio Hawg Hunter

Looking forward to it Jerry!

If you remember, bring those shirts for me!

5. fishingredhawk

fishingredhawk Ohio Hawg Hunter

I expect there to be around 20 to 25 boats for Jerry's event...maybe more since Division I is idle this weekend.

6. justflippin

justflippin PB LM 10 lbs 3 oz.

I love fishing tournaments but I got to say they are getting out of control. We really need to regualte how many tournies there are on a body of water at one time. I'm not trying to P anyone off but it's nice, every once in a while, to be able to go to a lake and launch and fish without dealing with 100 boats. I stopped fishing a couple of trails becuase the tournament directors don't do their homework (not you fish4fun) and schedule tournies for the same days as others. I understand that with the increased popularity and the lack of information this is hard, but if we continue this way we may not be able to have a tourney at all. Just look at what's happening at Griggs, it's not the money that changes hands that are making people mad, that's just the tool the law is using to regualte the tournaments. just my 2 cents. love to fish, love to fish tournaments but hate the bad publicity we are getting.

7. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

We should have around 20.

I will bring the shirts Mike.

As for the tournaments its like anything there are some out there that don't do there home work and don't get permits and jump around and it affects everyone. We do regret that we had to go to alum this weekend but weather and flooding made it no choice for us and others. It is very very very very rare to see a 100 boat field or 100 tournament boats on any of the inland lakes. Most of the time you will have a single tournament or one or two going out of alum and usually that only gives you 50 to 60 boats. The parks and lakes set this number and only issue the permits that they fill the lakes can handle the ones that creat the problems are the ones that just show up at the lake with no permit and run a tournament when there are already 3 going on that were given permits from the state. I have my permit and i know of 2 others that do on alum for this weekend.

8. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

On a better note it will be good to see some guys from the div I been a while Mike and iam sure will get some nice fish brought to the scales.

We have $500 worth of items to give away curtiousy of Grahams Toyota. Not as many items as most of you have been used to but the quality of the items are much better $$$$$.

This will wrap up our 2007 ohio div II season a great season that i have had a great time and been given the great oppurtuinty to fish with some great people.

9. liquidsoap

liquidsoap Pay-it-foward fisherman

Just got back for Ozarkland.
    Looking foward to the tournament!
    See everyone bright and early!