Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I don’t know if this one response ( sent to someone else, not me) represents the official position or not. I’m sure many will be asking for clarification from the ODNR

·
Registered
7,771 Posts
I asked in another post...how does the first mate remain 6' apart and still net the customer's fish?? I think it's darn near impossible to distance 6' apart, especially when running out and back. It IS impossible on the smaller walleye boats.

I say you either allow fishing or you don't. They shouldn't try to impose rules that are impractical to enforce. Heck, the guys riding up in their vehicles to go out on the charter are already shoulder to shoulder.

·
Lake Erie Charter Captain
3,479 Posts
I asked in another post...how does the first mate remain 6' apart and still net the customer's fish?? I think it's darn near impossible to distance 6' apart, especially when running out and back. It IS impossible on the smaller walleye boats.

I say you either allow fishing or you don't. They shouldn't try to impose rules that are impractical to enforce. Heck, the guys riding up in their vehicles to go out on the charter are already shoulder to shoulder.
Agree ! They all ride together or even rent a condo or cabin and stay with each other so why the hell would they have to stay 6' apart

·
Registered
484 Posts
Agree ! They all ride together or even rent a condo or cabin and stay with each other so why the hell would they have to stay 6' apart
It's just like going to play golf. You get to the course and they ask if you are from the same household. If the answer is No, then they tell you that you need separate carts. How the hell do you think they got there? Separate cars? NO!

·
Registered
635 Posts
It's just like going to play golf. You get to the course and they ask if you are from the same household. If the answer is No, then they tell you that you need separate carts. How the hell do you think they got there? Separate cars? NO!
My golf buddy and I live in Canton and we have played Great Trail Golf Course in Minerva twice. Both times we drove in separate cars and rode in separate carts. I would ride together but he has a wife and a young child so I will abide by his wishes as long as he feels it for the best.

·
Lake Erie Charter Captain
3,479 Posts
Who have they been fishing with have some friends looking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have your friends contact me Eye-Keeper Charters Capt Mike [email protected]
Due to cancellations from Covid thing I now have a few dates open in May and June and July thru October ! Will.be back Running May 12

1 - 20 of 25 Posts