close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ohio Bait Shop Directory

Discussion in 'Ohio Bait, Tackle, Taxidermy, etc. Marketplace' started by ShakeDown, May 17, 2005.

1. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Davidd likes this.
  2. I believe that :

Fish-Ins 1565 E. Dublin Granville Road Columbus

is no longer in business.

BassDaddy05

3. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

thanks for the heads up. I'll remove it shortly!

4. peon

peon account delete

i see you missed a shop that i visit alot in logan ohio. right on lake logan called downs bait and tackle not sure on a phone# but they are have everything from fishing tackle to guns and ammo....

5. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Downs--Great place and great people to deal with. I've know them since they opened their store on Lake Logan.

6. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

Mandas Boating Electronics & Fishing Tackle 947 Portage Lakes Drive Akron (330) 644-6774

is officially out of business. They just auctioned off everything.

7. LGH

LGH LGH

Big Erns Sporting Goods 1030 South Court Street Circleville (740) 477-8861

Is now Scotts sporting goods oro Scott's bait's can't remember for sure. I think everything else is the same

8. Can we get the address for our listing corrected please?

Mary's Bait Shop
    4741 State Route 207 NE

Mt. Sterling phone number, Washington Court House mailing address. Thanks!

9. dip

dip dip

went out of bidness years ago.

10. Smokin Joker

Smokin Joker Jr. tuber

Didnt see Todds Sport Shop on St Rt 235 just north of Kiser Lake. That would be St. Paris I guess? Also Gander Mountain in Huber Heights is open now.

Later,
    Brian

11. Manda's on Portage Lakes Dr in Akron has reopened with a new owner. Doesn't have a lot of stuff at present but is working on it. Hopes to have boats in the spring. And will possibly have minnows. Right now has worms and some tackle. Stop in say "Hi" to Phil. Tell him Bob sent you.

12. rich's hook line sinker in vermilion, ohio
    440-967-2750

13. snake69

snake69 Equal opportunity fishing

Lakeside Carri Out...carries live bait, tackle, ice and of course alcohol and pop. Just north of the cemetery on Rt. 542... also approx. 2 miles north of the east marina. Ph. number is #330-735-3170

14. Ol' Dads' Outdoor Store
    Fishing&hunting supplies
    Live bait
    206 Market St.
    Portsmouth, Ohio 740-353-2051

15. EE

EE

Thanks for compiling this list, or at least posting it! A huge help.

Cheshire Market Incorporated
    (740) 548-6334
    5094 Cheshire Rd
    Galena, OH 43021

16. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

What about Cripple Creek Bait and Tackle? It's not listed and I cannot find the number.

17. Mosquito Lake Marina located inside the state park in Cortland 330-637-2075

18. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

Cripple Creek Bait & Tackle
    29562 Cadiz-Dennison Road
    Dennison, OH 44621
    (740)922-0841

This shop is ran by great folks who have been wonderful supporters of this site from its beginning.

Jim is a man of integrity who will do all he can for you.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

19. snake69

snake69 Equal opportunity fishing

I didn't notice Les's Bait and Tacke. 3-4 boat ramps. I know, the public one is down the road, but if I'm staying overnight, I like Les's. Never heard of a break-in there!!
    They are off Bonner Rd which is 1/4 mile west of 224 Causeway over Berlin. Ph # is 330-584-6741 Good people. We hold our annual walleye tournament from work there too.

20. You can purchase from a pound to several hundred pounds of live minnows, craws, gamefish fry, up to 12" at Jones Fish Hatchery in Newtown OH.
    http://www.jonesfish.com/
    Useful resource for stocking existing or new ponds/lakes, they will do studies to determine game fish populations, and what is needed to balance food chain to bring about best/healthiest gamefish populations.