close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

OHCC Deer Creek Lake Open 9/17....

Discussion in 'Catfish Discussion' started by BuckeyeTom, Sep 15, 2005.

1. BuckeyeTom

BuckeyeTom Muskie and Catfish

Just wanted to let you guys know that the Ohio Hills Catfish Club will be holding an open catfish tournament at Deer Creek Lake this Saturday night. Check in at the 207 ramp @6pm, tourney hours are 7pm-2am, for more info call Danny Caudill 614-496-5802. Danny is expecting 75-100 catters at this one!

We will also be holding the Ohio River Fall Open on Sunday October 9. This will be a daytime tourney from 7am to 4pm. Checkin will be @ 6am at the Crooked Creek baot ramp in Point Pleasant, WV. We have catters coming from all over the tri-state to fish with us! For more info call Bink Fox 740-596-2068.

Feel free to visit our website(which is hosted by OGF) at www.ohiohillscatfishclub.com

The club "Fish Off" is happening September 30 and October 1st. This is like the championship for the year. What makes it cool is that it is a two night deal out of two different ramps on the Ohio(Gallipolis Pool). Wish us luck! Wyatt and I have won this tourney the past two years. I'd love to make it three in a row!!!!

Good Fishing and God Bless! -Buckeye Tom-

2. that may be a stupid question, but I do not know how do you guys do this here - is this bank only or you have to have a boat or what?

3. BuckeyeTom

Boat and bank anglers for the open tourneys. It is a team(2 anglers) event, but you can enter as an individual by paying the full $20.00. If you have any more questions call Dan. I posted his number on the original message. Good luck!

4. Can you fish anywhere in the lake. do they have a shotgun start. i will probably be there. how is the lake for catfishing the last 3 times i was there i didnt even get a run. i hope it has gotten better.

5. BuckeyeTom

If by chance there would be a huge crowd, Danny will probably use numbers for the launch. In that case, you leave in the order you draw. Most of the time we will just launch at 7pm. Yes you can fish anywhere in the lake. You can only fish as two person teams, even on the bank. I believe that 30 lbs. won the last open tourney there.

Good luck!

6. BuckeyeTom

I'm sorry, just talked to Dan and he does'nt have any door prizes for this one. If anyone would be interested in donating anything, please post.

7. no cash payout to the winner . where does the money go to

8. BuckeyeTom

Depends how many enter? Danny normally has a pretty good turnout over there. You can call Dan and see if he has an idea? I would say it will be a nice payday for the winners.

Of course there is a cash payout! Usually pays the top three and Big Cat.

9. BuckeyeTom

No Guarantees, but the last two tourneys at Deer Creek paid out $326 and $265 for 1st place and Bigcat.

10. BuckeyeTom

1st 15.15 lbs./ Ted and Ted Auckerman
    2nd 13.70/ Kathy and Tom Long(The wife and I)
    3rd 12.55/ Doug Cook
    Big Cat 5.90/ Tie: Ted Auckerman and Kathy Long

55 anglers

Thanks to Dan Caudill and his wife Connie for holding it. Thanks to all that made it out.

My wife took my five year old's fishing poles,lol. I'm not kidding! Both Zebcos, One was a Jeff Gordon pole and the cats seemed to like it. The 5.9 came on it and I'm surprised that we landed it! ;) I know that if she wants to fish anymore tourneys she's gonna learn to cast my abu's or she needs to upgrade to bigger closed face reels,lol.