close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Oh the humanity....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Row v. Wade, Nov 12, 2004.

1. Derailment Spills 20,000 Gallons of Beer

Thu Nov 11,11:46 PM ET

CHILHOWIE, Va. - Fourteen cars of an 83-car Norfolk Southern train derailed near an industrial park, leaving the area smelling like a brewery Thursday.

About 20,000 gallons of beer leaked from three cars of the Roanoke-bound train, said railway spokesman Robin Chapman.

No one was injured when the cars skipped the tracks about 10:30 p.m. Wednesday, Chapman said.

Investigating officers said the leak did not contaminate any nearby water sources nor affect any highways.

"Everything was contained away from the creek," said Jack Tolbert Jr. of the Virginia Department of Emergency Management.

Authorities were investigating the cause of the derailment. All trains scheduled to use the tracks through Chilhowie were held until they were cleared Thursday evening.

Alcohol abuse!! :D

2. I seen that this morning. I forwarded it around my office and everyone pretty much agreed that as long as it wasn't Budweiser then it was ok. :D

3. catking

catking Banned

Sad day indeed :( ...... I'll bet the local wildlife is feeling good about now ;) .THE CATKING !!!