close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

OGF WVa smallie trip??

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports - Out of State' started by creekwalker, Jul 16, 2007.

1. creekwalker

creekwalker Moving water...

I posted a thread a week or so ago about some rivers in WVa to fish for smallies. Looked like there would be some interest in an unofficial OGF trip out there.

Has anyone else put together a WVa trip for smallies? I've seen some banter on this site before from several people, but I don't think one's happened yet. If there has been one put together before, any info on timing, location, etc. would be great.

I'll throw some thoughts out to get it started:

Location: Rivers - New, Greenbrier, Gauley, Guyandotte, and Tug Fork
    Dates: Between Sept. and Nov.
    Length: Fri-Sun (longer if some guys can swing it)

I'm assuming it'll be a kayak/canoe float trip, but depending on where we go if there are larger lakes/rivers nearby then we could split up for those who have larger bass boats, waders, floaters, etc.

If we get a few people to commit to going, maybe we can get together locally one weekend and do some fishing and plan out the trip. I'd also be willing to head down to WVa a day or so early and scout things out :)

I'm not sure how much activity this post will get over here in the out of state, but we'll see how it goes and then maybe post something in the in state areas.

CW

2. littleking

littleking Crossing Lines LIKE A PRO

3. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

cw...would love to join if my schedule permits.

What's WV charge us yanks for an out of state lic these days? Haven't fished the new in YEARS.

4. The 3day liscence is $23.00 smakers. If you click on the link above you will see all the cost involved. Just post up if you want to go. Either on here or the other site.

5. In our rivers Stay away LOL

Just kidding ,,guys Thats my main gig,,hit me up for some info mushroomman will verify,,,, I have smokercraft jet 90 hp for those very rivers,,, u must find out dam dates water levels,,, its not the best time right now,,,give it 2-3 months weather permitting. The New is best,,u can fish the Gauley there as well,,,, that%&$%%^& is dangerous people are always being fished out from under a rock every week it seems. So please treat her w/respect,,,I can give u some guides names which might e able to facilitate a large group. Remeber u dont have to have a Coast Guards Capt. Lisc. to guide so pick your guide wisely.
    I am in that area weekly ohhhhh yeahhhh how sweet it is!!!!!
    Guides I have no $$$$ affilation with just aquaintances,,,, some guides and fishermen hate the jetboats (spawn Of the Antichrist) i belive we were reffered to at one time,, but wow nothing like 4-wheelin in a boat!

John

6. Someone wants to,, I drag the boat to Kanahawa Falls often ,,,,convergance of the New and Gauley,, give me a shout and we can meet up there..... Boating exp. preffrerd,,,,, not much learning curve with those gals!

Low water leves now,,,,,,in the fall u can get into large walleye 7lbs and muskie as well

7. fishnfool

fishnfool out4dabig1

I was planning a trip to the new river last year but couldn't get anybody to commit,so let me know exactly when and where I would love to go.My work is pretty flexible but I would rather go for a long weekend if possible.I have an aluminum 17' deep v boat I can take also if needed.

8. for it to be honest the southern new is better than the northern,,,, near va. border,,,

Guys putting boats in and out is exactly like cleveland. There are these little tiny 1 lane mountain roads only fit for 1 car,,, if you meet up with a rafting bus someone has to back up! and thats not fun!
    But thats @ the best places go figure hardest to acsess. Thats on the new river.

9. You should post this in the other sections as well. There's lots of us smallie fishermen around the state - more than I ever imagined before joining this fantastic site!

John - Cuyahoga Falls

10. creekwalker

creekwalker Moving water...

Yeah, I agree. I'd like to coordinate with a few people from the other sections since I don't frequent them as much. I can handle the SW section. Anybody else interested in handling the other sections (NW, NE, CE, SE)? We can coordinate the feeback on dates, etc. in a few days or a week when we get more feedback.

CW