close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

OGF/WBSA Huron Hawg Fest 2004!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ShakeDown, Jul 14, 2004.

1. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

IT JUST KEEPS GETTING BETTER!!!

Ohio Game Fishing is teaming up with The Western Basin Sportfishing Association to bring to you an event like no other. We are pleased to present...

[​IMG]

This event will feature a walleye tournament, a pig roast party with live entertainment, a perch fishing trip, “Win an Erie fishing trip” raffle and more!

When: Saturday/Sunday September 25 - 26th

Where: Huron, Ohio on Lake Erie

The Tournament: To be held on Saturday, September 25th at the Huron Boat Basin. Sunday September 26th is the blow date.

The Party: Will be held Saturday evening, September 25, on the grounds of the Plantation Hotel, Huron Ohio, Toll free – 1-877-677-2770, overlooking Lake Erie. Discounts rates are being offered for this event. Reserve your rooms early, space is limited. We will have a pig roast, walleye fish fry, live entertainment, and a "Win a trip on Erie" raffles, and more! There is also a children's play area for youngsters.

The Perch Trip: Will be on Sunday morning, September 26th, on one or more headboats. Take advantage of this opportunity to fish with other OGF members and catch the best tasting fish Ohio has to offer!

The Raffle Trips: We will be raffling off 3 or more fishing trips on Lake Erie with some of the best in the sport. Get an opportunity to win a trip with a well known and very successful PWT Pro, or a teaching trip with a charter captain with extensive knowledge of Erie and trolling techniques, or a seasoned and successful smallmouth bass fisherman that will definitely put you on some big ones.

More details coming soon, and we look forward to seeing you there!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  2. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Awesome guys job! This event will be 1st class.....I can guarantee everyone that :D

3. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

Right on sounds like a good time. I won't be able to attend any of the fishing as i allready have a fishing charter for sat and sun out of huron basin. But we booked our rooms with the plantation Hotel today I will be there early friday, and leave sunday even so look forward to sat evenings events. Get ahold of me Dale.

4. ShoreBoundOne

ShoreBoundOne lengthy Member

Shakedown & Lundy, thanks for takeing the time to set this up....let me know if you will need any help...i will pitch in where i can. Sounds like a blast....but whats that pig doin to that walleye?:D:D

Mitch

5. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

Now you can see the full scope of what we are doing and planning with the Perch Head Boat trip! It is meant to be one of the activities for this fantastic weekend.
    We got started planning this right after the fantastic support from all of you for the Tappan Outing, and believe me, its been hard not to "spill the beans". We've all wanted to.:D

Everyone who wants to go perching, please let me know as soon as you can by posting in the Perch Trip thread, or here. Thanks guys, looking forward to the 25th & 26th!!

6. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

Thanks Mitch,

Setting this event up has been a joint effort of the entire OGF team.

This will be a lot of fun for sure. We can always use more help. I'm looking forward to meeting you.

The pig is just holding the walleye, but the expression on the walleye's face sure makes you wonder :D

Kim

7. catking

catking Banned

This is going to be a FANTASTIC outing !!! The OGF & WBSA will no doubt do this first class ;) I already have my cottage reserved for that weekend ;) Remember guys and gals......you don't have to fish to have fun at this outing. The party will be a blast in itself. But the tourney will be GRAND !!!!!! See you all there! Any questions, feel free to contact one of the OGF team members, including myself, if you must :D :D .DA KING !!!

8. Working with the OGF team has been a great pleasure. The members of this site are very fortunate to have such a qualified group of people guiding it. The logistics of putting something like this on took a lot of hard work and time (and gasoline).

We were in the process of setting up a tourney for fall when I received a call from WBSA member Lundy. When he explained what they were thinking of doing for the tournament I accused him of listening in on our tournament committee discussions (jokingly). We were on the same page from day one. I feel good about this venture and hope to see it continue.

The WBSA will have their August meeting at Cranberry Creek Marina just down the road from the Plantation on August 3rd at 7 PM. You all are invited to attend. Speakers are being lined up and more news will be presented about the outing. (Sorry but I had to get a plug in somewhere)

Marc

9. this is going to be one to remember for sure, i cant wait...
    a head count would be good so i know around what size pig to get

10. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Bigjohn, we hope it will take a real big one! Should be great. Looking forward to meeting the guys from WBSA.

11. ShakeDown

BJ...we'll getcha the info a little closer to the outing! Should be SWEET :D

12. now i just need to talk you guys into coming down to the eagle creek outing for a little sample of the "pig pickings"

13. Phil Carver

Phil Carver Team Bass Xtreme

What is the entry fee for the tourny ?

14. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

Phil,

Complete deatils for the tourney should be up for everyone to see this week.

I brief rundown is as follows.

2 man teams - $100 (limit 4 rods)
    3 or more man teams - $150 ( limit 6 rods)

Payout based on 50 teams - pay 12 places, 1st approx $1800 - 12th approx $100

Big fish pot. $20 per team + Cash donation from sponsor =
    1st place $900, 2nd -$500 approx.

5 fish limit, no dead fish penalty, no live wells required.

The more entires the bigger the payouts. I expect the entry numbers to exceed 50 boats.

This will be an organized, professionally run Tournament, with the awards ceremonies conducted, on stage, at the Pig roast.

It will be a very fun weekend, I hope you can make it up.

Kim

15. Capt.Muskey

Capt.Muskey Ohio Fishing Militia

Hey Shakedown,
    I just booked a room for Saturday night and plan on comming out early saturday morning. Will all of the OGF staff be fishing the tourny? Will anyone be just pleasure fishing? Will my small tracker be safe for that area of the lake? Are there members with bigger boats who want to hook up? Do you guys want any help setting things up, cooking, ect...? Any fishing from shore there?
    The plantation sounded nice, and reasonable rates too. I got a double/smoking for $45 a night. a single was $42, and Bigger with a kitchen was $79. All right on the lake. Sounds like their ready for us and it should be a good time. Thinking about calling them back and adding Friday night to the booking.

16. ShakeDown

Capt...First off, GLAD you're gonna make it! You bringing your brother?

As for the OGF staff fishing the tournament, that hasn't been decided yet. A lot of us want to, yet we've got so much work to be done that day that we don't know if we'll be able to. With any luck, some OGF staff guys will be fishing it!

If you launch at cranberry creek marina (1 mile down the road from the plantation) Ruggles reef is right in front of the marina, so its easy access...however, if it's blowing pretty good, you won't want to be out in the tracker. Keep your fingers crossed! Push comes to shove, you could always trailer over to Sandusky Bay which is not far down the road.

As for members with bigger boats, you should start a thread in the "trade a trip" forum! I would assume that guys would either be looking for tourament partners (we are allowing big teams) or just guys to pleasure fish with. I know a bunch of us are planning on pleasure fishing Sunday if the weather permits.

There is also shore access at the plantation!

Thanks for your offer to help us out man! I will contact you about that shortly.

17. Capt.Muskey

Capt.Muskey Ohio Fishing Militia

yea Shake,
    My Brother is comming (as always) and he too, is always willing to help out with what ever is needed. I hoping to get some pleasure fishing in, Tournys are burning me out, to much like work. Just looking forward to some fun and relaxation by the Fall season.

18. What day will everyone be perch fishing on the head boat?

19. ShakeDown

CaptMuskey...good deal man. Hopefully the weather/wind cooperate!

Twistertail...Headboat is Sunday the 26th I believe. Ruminator is coordinating that end, so he could probably provide more info.

20. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

I for one will not be fishing the tourney. I'm sure I'll go out for a little while on Saturday morning, but there's just too much for us to do. I will not have any extra room though, sorry.