close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

OGF Trash Cans

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Action, Sep 5, 2004.

1. Maybe we could make up some OGF cans someday. Talk to the authorities about placing them in key areas, then talk to local trash companies about free part time pick - ups. Its advertisement and a cleanly idea.

2. sounds like a good idea, place them at spillways and state parks.

or could we just dontate money to the corps of engineers or whom ever takes care of the place and have our name on their cans?

3. I was thinking of the more trash cans thing , the advertising was just a kicker. I thought I posted this on another thread, not its own. I'm going nuts. :confused:

4. I hope you guy's (Mods) jump on this one. Potential fund raising opportunity. You guy's supply the cans (with the OGF logo) obtain sponsors (and include their logo, name, web addy, etc, etc) and volenteers to help empty them....I know the CVNP supe. and can take about 25 right off the bat.

5. JV1

JV1

How about volunteers in each district who frequent their local lakes be responsible for his own can..... for example, user#1 fishes at lake milton weekly.... take a can to the boat ramp with OGF logo and empty it once a week, its not that big a responsibility for someone who lives close and is at the location often. user # 2 in a diffrent district at a diffrent lake can do the same and so on and so on. It could be as simple as having some OGF stickers made up and taking a few willing names to be care taker of 1 garbage can. Just an idea.

6. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Those are GREAT ideas! We're planning some lake clean-up events (still deciding on dates/locations) and this could coincide with them perfectly. Once the Hawg Fest is over (it's taking 100% of our resources at the moment), we'll have time to catch our breath and figure out how we could pull it off. Finding wholesale/donated cans would be a great start, and of course how to manage them and by whom.