close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

OGF Site Updates & Additions!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ShakeDown, Jun 7, 2004.

1. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Just a quick heads up on a few additions we've made today!

OGF now offers Rick Taylor's Astro Tables! You can access them by clicking here, or off our homepage "Astro Tables" button on the nav bar on the left. These tables will be updated at the begininning of each month, are are the most concise and informative tables we have found. Check them out for monthly lunar/solar activity, and best fishing times!

Our home page nav buttons have been revamped, and now include extra ad space, and pictures of your fellow OGF members! Place your mouse over the buttons to check out the pics!

2. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

Brandon, there is no way to say thanks enough for all of the "top shelf" work you are constantly doing to make improvement after improvement to this great site!! Thank-you for your tireless efforts.

- Jim

3. shadowman

shadowman Supreme Being

nice, cool addition............... :cool:

4. ShakeDown

Thanks Jim ;) I don't know much about the tables personally, as I never have used them. Do any of you guys swear by them?

5. Another tip of the hat for the job Shake is doing here. :cool:

Regarding the solunar tables, I firmly believe certain baitfish, insects and aquatic organisms will time their propogation around lunar periods. This can certainly affect the feeding behavior of game fish. Other than that, I see no direct relationship.

6. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

The moon phase plays a big role in the spawn of bass for sure and the movement of deer. No doubt about it.

The tables are great Shake.

Kim

7. thanks shakedown. i had asked about the tables a few months ago and just read about this tonight. i believe the site is now "complete" :D :D :D

8. I use tables along with weather patterns with the weather patterns playing the major role.. When they both hit LOOK OUT either fishing or hunting ;)

9. ShakeDown

Not a problem fellas! Just a heads up though...the structure of these tables will be changing slightly (July 1st). I just got an email from Rick Taylor, the guy who publishes/creates the tables we use, and they are in a tough spot. Seems that they license these tables to publications, magazines, etc... as well as a select few websites (OGF and ESPN for example). Well, his print clients are in a tizzy that they are paying for them, and his web clients are not. Therefore, he is "trimming" the web versions down a bit, so his print clients can't complain. Even so, from ALL the tables I've seen (I scoured the net for weeks before deciding on Rick's) his are the best I can find.

10. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member