close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

OGF Pro-Staff

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by bubbahunter, Nov 22, 2004.

1. I was sittin here the other night and notced one thing sorta missing around the forums.How about starting a OGF pro-staff. Members who are experts in their our field of choice.Lets say we have two or three members on a Catfishing Pro-Staff or Pan fish,Eye-Guys even a hunting pro-staff. these guys could attend some of the outdoor shows around the state or neighboring states to help get this site out there even more.they could even do a few guided trips thru out the year the help support the site.like maybe a guided trip to the Big Ohio river for a trophy Blues or a trip to lake erie what ever... just a thought.

what does eveyone else think?

Bub

2. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

I think the idea is great, but I think it would be difficult to asses who's a pro and who isn't. The question is, what kind of criteria would be used to determine an "expert".

3. It is a great idea and we've had discussions in the past about it. Still bantering it around.

4. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

:D Just to Clarify this, Bubba....

but if you've ever ate pizza @ 11:00Am from your Duck blind you aint no pro.

5. I thought we were all pro's. :rolleyes:

6. Yeah Pro`s would have had bait on thier pizza. lol

I do think we could come up with away to make sure we have the best of the best so to speak to be on a Pro-Staff. maybe some thing like a job interview.you want it apply for it and the OGF TEAM set the guide lines and make the decisions on who gets the spots.

Just a idea if it gets shot down no big deal . i`ll have another idea in about 2 years. lol

Bub

7. whats wrong with eating while your hunting :confused:

How about a Beer Drinking Pro Staff?

8. JBJ

JBJ

Something to take into account is that the Pro in Pro-Staff stands for "promotional". You will need members that have time to spend promoting the site. Unless the mind set is actually to have Staff Professionals. True Pros cost to keep on staff. Their time is at a premium.

I don't want to seem like I am arguing semantics. It just seems that some clarifying might be in order. My thoughts on what is a professional is that they make their living doing what they are called a pro in. With that in mind, they need to be paid or otherwise compensated. Such as a fishing guide might get site advertising in payment for whatever activities he is involved with here.

Just some food for thought.

9. I say forget the "Pro" designation and call them Subject Matter Experts (SME's). We could have an OGF election where the members cast votes for up to three SME's per species/category. The newly elected experts can be presented with a patch or something. This keeps it kind of fun and lively.

10. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

Captnroger - Sheepherding Pro Team :D