close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

OGF outing tournament

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by DaleM, Jun 14, 2005.

1. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

We wanted to post this so anyone wishing to enter the tournament has an idea what to expect.

We will be having a muti-species tournamet again, like last year. All enrties will be $5.00 per person per species. If you want to enter the bass tournament that is $5.00, if you want both bass and pan fish that will be $10.00 etc.

Here are the 4 different ares we will offer:
    1- Bass
    2- Walleye, Saugeye
    3- Pan fish- (crappie, blue gill, white bass, perch)
    4- Cat / Carp

We will pay 2 places in each catagory. If we have enough in each area. If we don't have enough we have another opion we may offer.
    Times will be from 9:00 until 2:00. A fun 5 hour tournament.
    NO BIG FISH award this year. So go for weigh guys. Everyone MUST check in with us at the provillion before they start fishing. THis year we will offer bank fishing as well. Limits are 5 bass, 5 walleye saugeye, 3- carp/cats, 10 pan fish. You may keep more if you wish but only these totals may be weighed. Remember this is a fun tournament that may let you win a little money too. Oh yes--- Bring a canned food also, that's in addition to your entry fee :D
    Anyone having questions contact me here or by PM.

Looking forward to this, so come on down and join in, it's gonna be a great time.

2. Phil Carver

Phil Carver Team Bass Xtreme

I have a question , can I just weigh in the canned goods since I cant catch any fish ? :D

3. Where will the weigh in be at? Also can you weigh in earlier than 2:00? I plan on fising some that day but plan on getting to the pavillion by 1:00 or so to get things set up to fry fish.

4. DaleM

I would imagine close to the ramp/ If youi have a live well you can come to the pavillion and weigh in anytime. We will be right by the water and can release the fish there. We'll let everyone know before the tournament starts.

5. ok not sure if I'll fish the tourny or not but I'll be there fishing some place.

6. DaleM

Good deal, looking forward to seeing everyone again, and meeting the ones we haven't yet.

7. If you are bank fishing for the tournament, how will keeping fish work? Do you keep them on stringer on bank until check-in?
    Also, will bank fishing be seperate from boat guys? Seems like guys in boats would have slight advantage. I would be from shore, maybe hitting the creek below the spillway. Just wondering about these few details!

8. DaleM

Watch for an update soon here everyone.

9. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

We made the decision to cancel the tournament portion of the outing this year, and apologize for any inconveinince this may have caused. You are both welcomed and encouraged to show up and fish regardless.

We're going to try to coordinate a morning gathering at Mary's bait (worm queen) for those who would like to fish.

We'll keep everyone posted in the next few days, and we'll see you on Saturday!