close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ogf Outing Question?

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by barcelonabass, Jun 12, 2004.

1. COULD SOMEONE TELL ME IF YOU WILL BE PENALIZED IF A BASS DIES, FOR THE TOURNAMENT. IHAVE READ THE RULES ,BUT ALL I CAN GET OUT OF THEM IS DONT THROW ADEAD FISH OUT. I WOULD LIKE TO FISH FOR BASS BUT I DONT HAVE A LIVE WELL, WOULD FILL A COOLER ,BUT I DONT THINK THAT WOULD BE AS GOOD. AN OFFICIAL ANSWER WOULD BE GREAT!
    THANKS
    ERIC :p

2. jack kiser

jack kiser buckeyeangler.com

may I ask if an entry boat may pay and participate in more than one fishing category?For instance, could a team or individual pay double the minimum fee and then be a contestant in two pre-designated categories at the weigh-in?

3. catking

catking Banned

Hey Guys- I'll try to answer them, but Dale and Shake are heading the tourney. But here goes- Yes Jack, you can participate in multi species, if you have paid in that species meaning if you sign up for bass and catch 5 saugeye, you cannot enter the saugeye UNLESS you paid and signed up also for saugeye. As far as dead fish. This tournament is about FUN. I believe we discussed that we like C&R practices, but if people want to keep their catch to eat (panfish is a good example) that also would be fine. Remember, any questions ask the two OGF team members running the tourney at Tappan. We all are here to help you guys and gals. It's your site, and we are having this outing for YOU !!! Thanks for the questions. I hope this helps. CATKING

4. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

I will have all the rules when you sigh up. To answer your questions:
    Yes you may sign up for more than 1 type of fish, Each one you sign up for you must pay an entry fee. As Catking said if you want in both bass and walleye/saugeye it would cost you $10.00 for each.

As for dead fish penality we have waived this during this tournament. If a fish dies please bring it in, we'll find someone to take it. Bass does have a 12" min.
    you will be allowed 5 fish per person, that's 5 each type if you enter more than one species. Live bait is allowed.
    Children (under 12 years old) are free.

No pre-baiting (Chuming) is allowed 72 hours prior to the tournament.
    When you sign up you will be ask to sign a waiver and recieve a set of rules.
    If you have question "ASK" before the tournament starts.THis is for fun guys not cut throat. Enjoy yourselves, catch lots of big fish, then come and enjoy the food, and win some of our door prizes. Believe me we have a lot to give away!
    BE SURE AND BRING LOTS OF CAN GOODS !!!!

5. DaleM

For those of you asking here is a copy of the rules:We will give you the phone #'s if you want them.

OGF OUTING & TOURNAMENT

Sign up will start at 8:00 AM. Entry is $10.00 per person. Tournament will start at 9:00 and end at 2:00. No body will be permitted to start before the 9:00 starting time. Doing so will disqualify you. One of the OGF staff members will start the tournament.

All contestants must be at the weigh in site by 2:00. Anyone late will not be permitted to weigh their fish. We will have someone at the scales all day to allow you to weigh your catch and release it if you choose not to keep it.

All bass must be at least 12” long. We will have a board to check your fish. Any bass brought in less than 12” will not be weighed.

There is a max. of 5 fish per person allowed. Any species.

Anyone that throws a dead fish out will be disqualified. If the fish dies, bring it in, we will find someone to take it.

Live bait may be used to catch any species of fish.

Two rods maximum per person. No more than two hooks per line, except when using artificial baits.

No pre- baiting or chuming permitted 3 days before the tournament.

Each group of fish you choose to fish for will have a separate pay back. You may fish for more than one group, but you will have to pay for each group.

Each group will also have a pay back for the largest fish caught in that category. Each person must choose the fish they want weighed for their biggest. Only one fish may be weighed for the biggest fish.

No one will be permitted to exchange or give someone their fish, If you catch it you must be the person to weigh it. You will be permitted to assist children (under 12 years of age) that are fishing with you. WE encourage anyone in a boat to wear the life vest at all times for safety. Children must wear them as per the law for certain ages. Why not wear yours?

If at anytime during the tournament you have a question see one of the OGF staff members. We will be there to help and assist you. If at anytime you have a problem on the water call Shakedown or DaleM on their cell phone. We will have a boat out to assist you.

Shakedown-
    DaleM-
    Enjoy yourself and catch a bunch. That’s what this is all about.

6. THANKS FOR THE CLARIFICATION CATKING AND DALE,SEE YOU THERE,
    SOUNDS LIKE AGOOD TIME! :p

7. Alwsfishin

Alwsfishin '73 24' Stamas

barcelona..........these guys running the show here are class guys..........they maintain the highest standard in making sure the best time is had by all......as you can see by their posts they mean business.....and if you need tackle or if a specie is hot on a bait (lure) you don't have .....Cripplecreek Bait & Tackle will have it.....they will tell you whats hot and whats not !!!

8. DaleM

Thanks for the compliment alwsfishin:
    We are really trying hard to please all the members. Lots of thought and hard work has gone into this outing. We hope everyone attending enjoys it and see we do mean what we promised the members. First class all the way. We are doing the work so you, the members, can have fun.
    Just remember to bring lots of can goods with you for the red cross.

9. catking

catking Banned

Thanks for the kind words Frank !! And I'll be looking forward to meeting you barcelonabass at the outing !!! This is gonna be great guys and gals. Thanks Dale for clearing this up, I meant to direct you or Shake to this, but was gone a day or so. But I see you found it :D Not bad old timer...... :cool: