close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

OGF Outing News?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Huntinbull, Jun 19, 2004.

1. Anyone back yet who went to the outing? Lets here the rundown on How it went for those of us that had to stay home.
    Huntinbull

2. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

I just wanted to take a moment and thank everyone who showed up to the outing. There was a great turnout, and I got to put a few more faces to names. The weather really turned out to be great, yet the fishing was a bit slow, I think it may have been due to the high water. All in all though, it was a very nice time. Everyone left with something from the prize table, the food was great, the chit chat was great as well. Being that I had never been to Tappen before, I was very impressed by the size of the lake, as well the scenery. During the weigh in for the tourneyment, it appeared the bass guys did pretty well. I personally was in the walleye tourney, I lost one at the boat and had a few other hits that fell like walleye. Shortdrift did pretty well, but most of them were smaller than I had expected to see. Regardless, Shortdrift had a nice show of eyes. I can't say enough times how much I personally appreciate all the hard work from the guys that made it happen. You know who you are, and I thank each and every one of you for putting in so much time and effort to pull off the first OGF outing. In a matter of a few months, it is amazing to see so many people on OGF and getting involved with functions such as these.

Can't wait till the next event, sign me up!!!!!

flash------------------------------------------out

3. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

I just want to second what Flash said. Without the diligent work of all the people behind the scenes, we wouldn't have such a great place to socialize both on the net and on the water. The food was great with the king on da grill and for the first event, the turn-out was amazing. I want to make a special thanks to all the people who donated items to both the red-cross and the raffle, especially whoever donated the great fishing bag i walked away with and Lundy for giving me that winner! Flash, thanks for trying to put us on fish, you did the best anyone can ask for. you definately went the extra mile and jump started the trip!

4. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

First and foremost I want to think the entire OGF staff guys and gals you did a great job today. Everyone was impressed and had a great time my kids are still ralled up and out in the back yard casting plugs at targets. This was a great event and I met alot of people that i now have a face to put with the name. Once agian great job OGF team. I need one of those sweet shirts. I took about 70 pictures alot of them during the kids activities i will post them shortly. Thanks to all that made this possible, The OGF Staff, the volunters, members, and all involved.

5. From the hotel I can say "GREAT JOB" to everyone involved in setting this outing up. You guys pretty much covered everything. Da Kings grilling got good reviews from everone in my party. All the food was very good and hit the spot after a tough day of fishing. We got two bites all day (One for Vickie, one for me) and we managed to miss them both. My kids were looking forward to the games all day and were not dissappointed in what Tpet and FishinChick put together. Always good seeing the familar faces and having the chance to meet new ones as well. Thanks again to all the OGF Staff and Cripple Creek Bait shop for putting this outing together.

Barry

6. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

7. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

just got home.i gotta ditto what's been said.the gang really did a great job pulling the thing off.a fun day,seeing a lot of familiar faces and some new ones.i even got to sample big daddy's fish,but had to stand gaurd while he was frying the last batch,cause people were all over that stuff like 10 cowboys on a coyote :eek:
    i gotta say,the taste was as big as the guy frying it :)
    i fished with toad and his wife,for eyes.it took us 3 hours to find them,but we only boated 7 or 8 short fish,none of which went into the box.after seeing the results of the weigh in,i think we could have given shortdrift a run for his money ;)
    next time shorty,lol.
    i was really surprised by the fact that nobody got into bigger fish.

8. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

the link to the pics is not working?

9. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

ok i will figure it out

10. I'll bet you catfish people would have loved to take the saugeye's Pipliner and I caught and used them for bait. :rolleyes: We are laughing all the way to the bank with our winning dollars. :p ;) :D

11. It was a great time, that's for sure! I just got home myself and am pretty whacked. The guy I fished with, Chris(cfish102), won the panfish portion and got big fish for the division. We found some white bass early on and that's what did it, then we caught some OK gills. Decent eaters. He had a real nice white get off at teh boat, thing must have been 2 1/2-3lb. It was a biggun.

I'd also like to thank bttmline and his wife who really worked hard to get the hats done for the outing. We've got a nice selection. I'll post pix later.

I also have a few outing pix, but again, I'll get them later.

Great job everyone!!! It was a BIG success. Thank you all.

Carl

12. Flipp

Flipp Bass Chaser

Hats off to OGF staff they did a hell of a job today a lot of prizes, it was well organized. It was fun winning the bass tourney Good Job to everyone that had a part in making this happen. Catking good job on the grill.

13. CountryKat

CountryKat Fish On!!!

I'm glad everyone had a blast. I would have loved to be there but I had to work today. I will be at the next outing come hell or high water. I will bring a couple rods and baits to raffle off or give them away for the biggest stringer. :rolleyes:

Jim

14. fishingful

fishingful Time to fish!

i knew it would be a good one........sorry i missed it i was celebrating my first aniv. :D i was "busy" if you know what i mean ;) i will make the next one :cool: ......jim

15. CountryKat

CountryKat Fish On!!!

That should be illegal :rolleyes:

16. GREAT JOB!!!
    The staff really went overboard and I could not belive all the prizes that were donated and my hats off to the sponsors and supporters who went above and beyond...
    THANKS and CONGRATS on a super event [​IMG]

17. catking

catking Banned

Huge success!!! I first want to thank ALL the members for coming. You made this happen. I met alot of new members and many , many old and good friends. The weather was great,and we had a huge turnout. DA KING grilled over 300 pieces of meat, and it ALL got eaten :eek: :eek: I personally want to thank Jim Coreys family for putting up with all of us, and all the help his people gave us.It was REALLY appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I also want the thank bttmline& his better half for doing the shirts and hats. Also I want to thank the OGF staff for getting a special shirt made for somebody that was missing their shirt, due to the US mail service ;) This event is what this site is alll about. And it's one I'll remember for quite some time. Thanks guys & gals, it meant more than you will ever know !!! THE CATKING !!!.........By the way johnboy111711 won both the tackle bag LOADED with stuff & the " split the pot" in which he won $138 & he also placed in the tourney.............JEEZE US !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. Capt.Muskey

Capt.Muskey Ohio Fishing Militia

Thanks to all the OGF staff and members for a Great time!!! My brother and I only get the chance to fish together once or twice a year, And all of you made it that much more special. I can't say "Thank You" enough. It was fun meeting so many fishermen that all felt like family.
    The fishing might have been a bit slow, but everything else in the event more than made up for it. How can you go wrong when you put that many Good people together?
    I can't wait till the next outing! Please let me know where and when I can help with it.
    Hey Misfit, Happy Fathers Day. Lets fish together at the next one.

19. crappiebub

crappiebub Justcrazy's Guide!

Special thanks to the ladies for the hard work put into preparing and serving everyone while the guys were out fishing or BSing. Also for putting up with the CookKing. :) Hope to see everyone at the next outing somewhere.
    Bob