close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

OGF Organization Announcement - Please Read!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by captnroger, May 8, 2005.

1. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

Today truly is a great day for Ohio Game Fishing. It gives me great pleasure to announce the appointment of Kim Endsley (aka Lundy) to President of Ohio Game Fishing, effective immediately.

Kim is one of the founding owners of OGF, and has been a huge factor in the day-to-day operations ever since. He was the driving force in making the 2004 Hawgfest the success it was, and working with the WBSA to earn the respect and participation of their organization.

As many of you know, Kim is an accomplished angler, and Lake Erie is his home waters. What many of you don't know however, is what kind of man Kim is. I am confident that through his leadership and dedication, Ohio Game Fishing will continue to grow and flourish.

I will continue here at OGF in a reduced role, and my primary responsibilities will be maintaining this website from a technical perspective, as well as our webhosting division, OGF Hosting.

Please join me in congratulating Kim on his new role!

2. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Welcome Kim, here comes more Grey hair! Glad to have this behind us and I am looking forward to the futher of our Site as I know we all are.

3. BIGG MAN

BIGG MAN JOE

congratulating Kim and thanks captroger for a great job you an the rest of team ogf is doing.

4. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

5. catking

catking Banned

First of all THANK YOU Roger for doing a superb job while at the helm of the OGF. Your work was appreciated and your continuing work will be just as appreciated.Without you the OGF as we all know it would not be .....

Lundy is indeed the man to carry on what Roger was doing..Myself being part of the ownership group wish Kim the very best , and look forward to working with him to make this site the best possible........ CATKING :)

6. Lewis

Lewis ORIGINAL TEAM OGF

Congratulations Kim!
    I am looking forward to working with Kim to make OGF even better.
    Roger,Thank you for your efforts here at OGF and for getting us off the ground.

7. Mr.Bass.

Mr.Bass. Banned

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!

8. Thanks to Roger for all he's done here making this place great. Kim, I know you'll do a great job as Prez as well. Onward and upward fellas!!

9. CONGRATS Kim sounds like a well deserved move...
    I can keep your boat and fishing gear in form for you while you throw all your energy into your new role :p
    Roger it was and will continue to be a pleasure working with you... You have helped me out many times and I am VERY thankful... [​IMG]

10. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

As a member of the ownership group I also want to thank Roger for his leadership this past year in the concept for this site and getting it launched. We have really "come a long way baby". ;)

And congratulations to Kim for accepting the role of President and taking over the helm.
    I have now known Kim for a few years as have many of you, and have a lot of respect for him. He is a man of integrity and also one who cares about OGF, just as Roger is, and does.
    This change will allow Roger more time for the continued development of our great site technically with Brandon.
    We have an awesome ownership team of dedicated men to this site and I look forward to the future with them, and all of you.

11. Tee

Tee Team OGF

Congradulations Kim! I look forward to working with you as the President of OGF! Your dedication to the website is appreciated by many people here.

Captnroger thanks for all of your efforts and excellent decisions you have made in the past! OGF is definately benifited from your leadership role!

12. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Congrats Kim. Is OGF still going in the same direction? I guess just wondering if any of us reg members will notice anything different.

13. I go away for a weekend and a new president is elected.:eek: Okay so it is not the president of the US.:D

I see this as being good news for the the OGF community. Roger has done a great job in the president role thus far but it sounds as if his time will be better served in the technical area. I think everyone who has spent time on the OGF can attest to the efforts that Roger and everyone has done thus far.

Although I have never physically met Kim yet, I have been involved in many conversations on the OGF and other sites previously. Over that time I have developed a great deal of respect for what Kim has to say and what he stands for when it comes to fishing and other outdoor pursuits. It is because of these things that I have no doubt that the OGF is continuing in very good hands.

Once again, congratulations to both Roger and Kim in their new capacities with the OGF.

14. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

Thanks for all of the kinds words and the vote of confidence in me. Thanks also to all of you that didn't say all of the bad things you were thinking :D

H2O Mellon,

Our intent as a group is to keep striving to do bigger and better for the members of OGF. We, under Roger's guidance, have come a long ways in just slightly more than one year. We have done a lot of things very well, some things we are in the process of revising slightly to make a little better.

We hope that any changes that you see will be positive in nature, if they aren't we want to hear about it. We are open to any suggestions, anytime, dealing with improving OGF for the membership.

We will be announcing the "Second Annual Members Appreciation Get Together" later today. The location for this years event will be Deer Creek Reservoir, and will be on Saturday June 25th. We have rented a pavilion for our use below the dam. Last year we held the First Annual event at Tappan Lake courtesy of Jim Corey and Cripple Creek Tackle. The event was a huge success, our hosts Jim and Darlene provided us with a perfect setting, and gracious hospitality that made for a great event. We decided to better serve our entire membership that we would move the event each year to different areas of the state to afford as many members as possible to attend. We hope many of you are able to attend this event. I look forward to meeting all of you and putting a face with the names.

Thanks again,
    Kim

15. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

LOL
    you're welcome,kim.that's why i hesitated posting on the subject :p :D ;)

i can't say much more than has been said.i think the decision to put you in the "big chair",showed a great(and well deserved) vote of confidence from the rest of the crew.
    besides,it's such a big chair,you're one of the few who could fill that much space :D ;)

16. TxTransplant

TxTransplant Fishin Fool!

Congrats Kim! Great to have your knowledge aboard. Hope now that your in the big time you can still allow some time for us little folks......and keep an eye out for that xmas tree for me! I couldn't seem to find it this year.....maybe it was all the beer Rumi made me drink!

Gene

17. Any group as it grows restructures itself to maintain the edge to move onward and upward. OGF was great in the past year to work with while Roger was at the helm and will be again this year with Kim holding the gavel.

WBSA welcomes Kim and says thank you to Roger for a rewarding and pleasant relationship between our 2 clubs!

Hawg Fest 2005 is just a few months away and promises to be bigger and better than last year!

18. Congrats kim! I'm sure we have lots of great things to look forward to. Are we going to have a new president each year?

19. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Okay, great...now I have to read more stuff. I wasn't even aware, must've slept thru the debates ;) It's interesting how things evolve, nice to see the site has been & will continue to be well run. :)
    Especially not for anyone's gain other than the membership who always come first in all decisions. :rolleyes: Man I can lay it on thick at times.....read too many post by DaKittycat I guess, that's my story & I'm sticking to it ! :eek:

20. Congrats Lundy,nothing like having more work to do :)