Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Ohio Fishing Militia
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to know if we're having an Outing this year. I know all the staff was too busy last year, But I haven't heard any word of one this year yet.
I'd hate to see it become a thing of the past, It was one of the highlights of the site. It brought together a lot of different fishermen and their families, also started new friendships.
We seem to have a lot more new advertisers/sponsors now and a lot of new members. There are also a lot of us who are willing to help with preparations, fish donations, tourneys, ect...
Any info from the owners or mods on this would be cool. :D

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
There's another thread about this in the lounge. Guess we just keep looking from time to time to see what's going on.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

erie,i'm sure it will be posted when/if there is one scheduled.i doubt anyone is going to mail you a special invitation,so you should just check the forum more often for info

·
Registered
753 Posts
I'm out of town on this date but if your going to have it a Mosquito you should look at Saturday, August 8 and Sunday, August 9, 2009. The Youngstown Air Reserve Station is having an Open House and Air Show. http://www.thunderoverthevalley.com/index.php
Even if you don't go to the Air Show you should see some good fly-overs over the lake. I miss most of the outing because of work but think their a great thing to have.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
I am hoping for one this year also. Anyone who is planning one can count on me for some help! Many weekends open in July and August as well as the last weekend in June.

Huntinbull

·
Registered
6,933 Posts
Musky you do bring some good points about how many more sponcers and members there is this year. I hope there is one this year also.

·
Registered
13,787 Posts
We've talking about it. DaleM and Ruminator were taking the lead on it. I like the August suggestion and will get in touch with Linda tomorrow if I can.

If we can pull something together, we'll need some help with organizing. Let me clear a date with Linda first and we'll try and set it up.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Any weekend in August is open. We'll love to have you all back again.
You guys pick the date and it will be ok with me.
We'll do the free camping again too.
Start a "who's coming" list and a food list. ( To get an idea of how many) Hope to see ya all soon!!! Linda

·
Elroderator
477 Posts
Where does this take place?

·
Now in a Alumacraft
1,531 Posts
Those dates sound good to me.

Linda
Where do you set up camp ? Camping out there sounds pretty cool

Big Daddy
As long as there is some fishing time :)I would be happy to help out in anyway. Let me know what you need .:D

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
That's Deerassic Classic weekend so a no go for me. Linda has a nice set-up for it and is a great host and you have a nice lake there also. Maybe next year could get something going in another place in Ohio to see new places and faces. It'll be fun there if the last two are any indication. Enjoy people! Dang I'll miss my chance to meet Eriesteamer.

·
TeamOGF
7,042 Posts
Watch for the announcement thread here in the Lounge, coming shortly.

We can all post our attendance plans and what foods we will bring in that thread.

Meantime mark your calendars folks for the weekend of August 8-9. !%

Its always a great time of meeting each other and talking, fishing, and of course... eating. :D

I'm sorry to hear some of you already can't make it.

·
Registered
454 Posts
We couldnt do a move " local " place than Mosquito?? Thats kinda WAAAAY too far for me to drive, and i know there are a lot of other people on here from around my area. Its like almost 4 hours up there. Maybe a little more central area would be good. Just putting out my ideas. Thanks.

·
Original OGF Staff member and owner
13,435 Posts
Actually we tried a few locally here in the Columbus Area and the attendance was way low. Linda has a great place to have this and the lake is right at the camping area.
Figure it last all weekend so the drive isn't that bad. I live in central Ohio so the drive is the same for me. Well worth the drive though.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts