close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

OGF Main page wider now?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TritonBill, Mar 14, 2005.

1. When I bring up the OGF Site now I have to scroll from side to side. I hope this isn't going to be like this long term! Just wondering...

2. bones

bones blah-blah-blah

samething here when you pull up threads is it taking alot longer for you guys? :confused: ran 2 spyware programs and the anti virus and its still real slow :(

3. I noticed 6 months ago the same thing but I thought it was on my end. I have to keep trying too re-load. :confused: :)

4. Check out the sticky post covering this in The Lounge. Should be solving the problem in the next few days. :)

5. iLL HAVE TO KEEP MY EYES OPEN AND MY MOUTH SHUT TOO LEARN SOMETIN HERE! :D :p

6. ...yea mine does that also... too wide...
    its an admin adjustment that can be made in forum admin on table widths
    concerning diff browsers...
    that table on the right is a little large too I think...

7. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

Hmmm...not noticing this myself, but I'll check it out.

8. FYI. I am set on 1024x768 and I am losing part of the screen as well.

9. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

to wide for me also, I am on 1024x768

10. I'm set at 1280x1024 and notice this problem.

11. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

I'm also at 1280 X 1084

No problems here

12. Well it's obvious based on several responses that there is some sort of problem, just a matter of what! This should be fun to figure out. :)

I've tried it on 2 different PC's with 2 different screen resolutions and had the same problem. I tried it on a third PC here at work and didn't have a problem.

What Operating system are you running. The 2 that don't work for me are both XP Pro and the one that does is Windows 2000. Not sure if that could be part of it or not? :confused:

13. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

I'm at 1024 x 768 and its too wide for me, if I go up to 1152 x 864 my monitor doesnt work right, I got an old monitor.

14. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

FYI:
    Its only on the main page for me, everything else is okay, not a big deal for me personally because I very rarely go to the front page, i go straight to the forums.

15. TritonBill,
    I am on Windows 2000 with mine and as I said it is not right. So the operating system does not seem to be the key. I am using Firefox but I opened it in IE just now and got the same result. Hopefully this info will help the guys resolve it. Like H2O Mellon said, it is not really a big deal to me either but I imagine they would still like to resolve it.

16. 2talltim

2talltim Bubby wanna be

i kind of like it ...........cuts the ads to the right off

17. I watch closely the the bottom right column that has the most recently posted messages on the main page! Now I can't see them unless I scroll over. It's just the main page for me too that I've noticed.

18. Lewis

Lewis ORIGINAL TEAM OGF

I dont notice a problem on the main page,and I am running old windows 98.
    However,Triton Bill..that avatar stretches out any thread that you post in. :D

19. crappiebub

crappiebub Justcrazy's Guide!

Wide on mine also Lew. Running XP tried both Explorer and Netscape. The header is the right width but the 3 columns below are wider than screen and you have to scroll right.