close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

OGF Golf Scramble? Please read/vote!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by captnroger, Jun 28, 2005.

1. Yes, I'd play

19 vote(s)
    32.2%
  2. No, I wouldn't play

18 vote(s)
    30.5%
  3. Maybe - might play

22 vote(s)
    37.3%
  1. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

Hi all,

We are considering having our first (hopefully annual) OGF golf scramble on August 27th at Table Rock Golf Course near Mt. Vernon. This scramble would be open to all OGF members and of course family/friends/guest. Price will be reasonable, and we are doing an interest check. Please vote/reply to this thread to indicate whether or not you potentially would participate in a scramble event.

Thanks.

2. Why on earth would anyone want to spend a day on a golf course instead fishing?? Oh wait I get it, you are going to say we are having a golf outing but really we all will be fishing the ponds! Good idea!:D

3. Darwin

Darwin If your gonna be a bear..

A golf outing is a great idea. I am all for it! :cool:

4. I have no idea how the date works for me at this point but I would possibly be interested in it. After all it is pretty much in my neck of the woods. You mentioned family/friends as the open invite. If I do consider it I would like to try to get my brother to join me. We don't get to get out and golf together hardly at all any more and this would be a great opportunity. He pretty much cleans my clock when we play so if I could keep him on my team it would not be as painful on me.:D So are you considering guys forming their own groups or what did you have in mind?

5. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

Make your own groups.

If someone is short we will assist in the team pairings.

Thanks,
    Kim

6. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

I'll be at the 9th hole fishing for Cats!

7. I Should Know What A Scramble Golf Outing Is But I Dont..

Is This Where You Eat Scramble Eggs For Breakfast And Then Roll The Dice?

8. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

If you have to ask then you are probably a 'no' argee

9. dockdabber would love a golf outing sounds good go for it.

10. I Golf But Never Did A Scramble..what Is It?

11. A scramble is where a team of, say, four all tee off and then pick the best shot. All then play their balls from that spot; continues with each set of shots.

12. Agree a scramble is when you have 4 people hit a shot and then you choose the best shot and you all hit from that spot. Most of the time it is the longest shot, best chance to sink the putt. Lots of fun I think.

I'd be interested in playing. Could probably get my Grandpa to play too.

edit: Beat me to it Net.

13. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

I would be up for that if it fits into my schedule. I love to golf havent had the chance to do it since got out of the military. about 9yrs ago.

14. Can I be on your team Jerry?

15. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

sweet RW i hope your good at the tee, i suck at long tee offs but was always pretty good with the irons and putting.

16. rockbass

rockbass Banned

I suck at golf, but would be interested........not for sure yet though! I would not have my own team made up though

17. sowbelly101

sowbelly101 Keep'n It Reel

im in, i just want to drive the cart!!!!

dockdabber asked if he could carry my clubs too :D . i think i could come up with a 4 man team.

sowbelly

18. dnm

dnm

I love playing golf!!!!! My only issue is the drive to mt vernon from Grovetuckey

19. I Golfed For Yrs But Never Did A Scramble///////

20. I used to golf a lot when I lived in FLA, have gone once in the last two years. I do have some health problems with my neck, shoulders, back, and knees, but I'd be willing to hit it around.

I'd play if someone would have me on their team.