close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

OGF Fantasy Football Playoffs

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Procraftboats21, Dec 16, 2004.

1. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

well the playoffs start this week, heres the matchups

ProCraft'sDreamTeam (11-3) Vs Team No Shame (10-4)
    And
    Tee's Pimpin Pro's (9-5) Vs BeardBuster (9-5)

the winners of each game will play next week for the championship
    good luck everyone!

2. bill_gfish

bill_gfish Well, Gee Whiz!

I suck!!!!!!!!!

bill

3. I'm Beardbuster but have a good player playing monday which won't help me sunday LOL...
    Wish ALL games would count... Maybe next year

4. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

Sorry, the definition of "I Suck" would be my fantasy team this year. We finished with 1 win for the entire year. If you have less than that then I'll give the crown to you. ;)

5. Tee

Tee Team OGF

Go Pimpin Pros! :p :D

But the Pimps were 10-4 ;)

6. bill_gfish

bill_gfish Well, Gee Whiz!

Ya got me, 3-11, out of 14 I finished 13, missed last by 8 points. Next year at least I have a better understanding of who I pick in the draft.

Bill

7. Yea I agree...
    I hope we can have the same group together or at least those who want to anyway...

8. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

9. I had bad luck with players this year. LOTS of injuries, especially at RB.

It was fun though. Thanks KSUFLASH. I guess we get the consolation game this week. LOL

Until next year fellas!!!

10. Wow, Team No Shame came out of hibernation this week. Sorry Procraft =)

Looks like it's going to be me and atrkyhntr for all the marbles. Now I wish we had money riding on this league =P Hopefully Manning will get the record this week and take next weekend off or I'm in trouble.

Steve

11. WOW two Cleveland boys in the finals...
    I can rest in peace knowing one of us will win the whole ball of wax...
    GOOD LUCK Steve!!

Hey CONGRATS to all who played it was/is fun learning how to do it...

12. AndroDoug

AndroDoug Duke of Bucketmouth

I was wondering if an additional "official" OGF football league can get started next year for guys who didn't get into this league. I was a little late in seeing the original request for this league, I would have loved to join (beat) you guys :D ! I'd volunteer to run it. I run both a pay football and baseball league already so I have experience!

Maybe we can call them A and B leagues, or 1 and 2. Or possibly North conference and south conference, American/National etc etc. Don't even think of calling them Jr and Sr though! ;) (I figured I'd beat everyone to that one)

Whadya think?

Also, would anyone like to get in a baseball league when the time comes? I can set one of those up too. Or if anyone else already had that idea, I'd be game to jump on board with ya!

13. Actually, a few OGF leagues next year would be cool. I liked the league this year but honestly we had too many teams (14). I'd prefer to keep the leagues smaller which makes for more exciting play. There just aren't enough good ball players to go around in a 14 team league once the injuries kick in at midseason (or after week 1 in my case). I think the size of our league made it real tough on some guys who hadn't played FF before. You've really got to be a waiver wire warrior to win in a big league which makes it tough on the new guys. I think both myself and Procraft made somewhere around 40 moves to our line-ups (many of mine were purely idiotic though).

I might like to do the fantasy baseball. I've never played fan baseball before and I'm not much of a baseball fan so I'll be one of the bottom feeders in that league :) Is Nolan Ryan still pitching :p

Hey Beardbuster (atrkyhntr) why the heck didn't you start Corey Dillon? He's whoppin buttocks tonight. Good luck next week :)

Steve

14. AndroDoug

Yeah that would be cool!

We could could have the Steelhead conference, Muskie conference, Bass, Pike etc etc. I bet we would have no problem getting guys for a few leagues.

If we would agree on a uniform point system and league setup, we maybe can even have a week 17, All-world OGF Fantasy championship among the winners of all the leagues. Highest point total wins overall title! We could conceivable have Tomlison vs Tomlison vs Tomlison!

The possibilities are endless! :eek:

15. I have learned / been told from experienced players that there should be more teams not less...
    There are 31 NFL teams and we only had 14 players??
    Here is another FREE league link that maybe we could use next year:
    http://www.fanball.com/
    I was not too happy we did not count monday night football games in our league using yahoo's version of FFL

16. AndroDoug

I have never heard of such a thing as not using Monday games. I am in 2 yahoo leagues right now, we have Monday niters. It must have been in the setup, not the Yahoo game itself. Yahoo is a great free format. You can customize the settings to do whatever you like.

10 teams is optimal for a football league, with 12 acceptable too. That is the number of teams in 90% of FFLs. The more teams you have, the more of an "expert league" it becomes. A standard team consists of 8 starters (QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, K, and DEF) and 8 bench players. Alot of leagues also like to use a "flex" player as a 9th starter, which can be any player of any position. You can also alter the WR starters to be any combination of WRs and TEs. I also know the point system that is most widely used. I can really help when setting this up next year. I am in 5 leagues a year now, and have completed over 20 FFL seasons in 6 years.

I think all this sounds like a great idea that will work! I will press the issue next summer when it comes time for football again.

Tricky...If an experienced player told you there should be MORE players, I think he must have been talking about roster size, not team owners. 14 owners is a bit on the many side. 10-12 is optimal. I have never seen or been in a league that utilizes 16 teams or more. I have HEARD of extreme expert leagues that have 16+, but that is a rare dog that is not very popular or practical. Roster sizes range from 16-18 players per team in the vast majority of leagues.

17. Hmmm since I'm playing atrkyhntr for the championship next week I probably shouldn't say this but I'm an honest guy. :(

We CAN use Monday nighters in the league. I've done so several times this year and won my match-up 2 weeks ago by scoring a bunch on monday night. The league doesn't finalize the points until Tuesday.

Now watch me get beat by some guy scoring on the final drive on Monday night :)

10 owners is the best in my opinion. Too many teams and you have to spend a large chunk of your time keeping up with every player in the NFL just to be competitive... I'm afraid I might have caused some confusion in my earlier post when I metioned we had too many "players"...I was tlaking about owner's playing the game not players on our rosters..doh!

Steve

18. CONGRATS
    Steve won this years FFL [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]