close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

OGF Fantasy Baseball

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by discgolfer, Feb 17, 2005.

1. what's the vibe on fantasy baseball? i took the liberty of starting an ogf league on yahoo. i made it roto style (points accumulated instead of head 2 head). i figure if it fills, we can start another league with the same parameters and the outright point leader wins. no messy playoff scenerios.

the online draft is march 12th, 4pm. i made a few tweaks to this league. added roster and bench spots. also added a few more point modifiers. go to yahoo - sports- fantasy-baseball-join custom league. league # is 34580. password is castingpractice. here are the specs:

Review of League Settings

League Name: OGF Baseball #1
    Password: castingpractice
    Draft Type: Live Draft
    Draft Time: Sat Mar 12 4:00pm EST [ Add to My Calendar ]
    Max Teams: 12
    Scoring Type: Rotisserie
    Player Universe: All baseball
    Max Moves: No maximum
    Max Trades: No maximum
    Trade Reject Time: 2
    Trade End Date: August 14, 2005
    Waiver Time: 2 days
    Can't Cut List Provider: None
    Trade Review: League Votes
    Max Games Played: 162
    Max Innings Pitched: 1350
    Start Scoring on: Sunday, Apr 3
    Weekly Deadline: Daily - Tomorrow
    Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, Util, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL
    Stat Categories: R, H, HR, RBI, SB, TB, AVG, W, SHO, SV, K, ERA, WHIP, K/9

hopefully we can fill a few leagues!

2. AndroDoug

AndroDoug Duke of Bucketmouth

I joined up. Come on you other guys! It is FREE!! All we ask is that you maintain contact with your team during the year. It doesn't really take THAT much time and effort to play.

It will be interesting though... I have never played rotisserie style, so I am not going to make my usual bold fantasy predictions on this one :rolleyes: :D

3. that wont be the first time i hear that from you andro :eek:

better update that list of excuses :D :) :D

i know the season is still 6 weeks away, but lets fill up a league or 2 or 5. you still have a month to get your draft plans ready. the scoring setup ensures that noone will be left out if they want to join. all it takes is a general knowledge of baseball. i'd be honored if some of the higher-ups jumped in. let's go guys

4. catking

catking Banned

I'll be headed to cwcarpers place tomorrow. I'll see if he will get in on this. He joins a league every year. I'll sign up in a few ;) .......THE CATKING !!!

5. bill_gfish

bill_gfish Well, Gee Whiz!

Will the puter do an automatic draft? In fantasy football I picked my own and boy did I suck. Figure if the puter does it, it has to be better. Besides with dial up I doubt I could keep up anyway.

bill

6. i think you get 150 seconds or so to make each pick, before it is automaticly done for you. sometimes it may seem like 3 seconds though (like when the next 2 guys on your board are snatched up right in front of you) :eek: if you want the computer to pick for you, it can. be sure to pre-rank your players if you plan on doing that...you will have a little better chance of getting who you want. i like the action of the live draft myself. it's fun handpicking your team to conquer the league.

7. bill_gfish

can't get in right now, will try again later I suppose.

• There was a temporary problem with the server. Please try again shortly. (Error #115)
    • The password is incorrect. (Error #109)
    • The league is not in pre-draft mode. (Error #209)
    • The password is incorrect. (Error #109)

I coppied and pasted both name and password so it must be a server prob.

bill

8. make sure that you are trying to join a FREE custom league.

9. go to yahoo-sports-fantasy-sign up now-look for "free fantasy baseball" in bold letters and click sign up now-get team or whatever that button says. (mine says get another team)- Join Existing Custom or Public League-Join a Custom League-then enter league #34580 password is castingpractice

10. bill_gfish

Figured out what I was doing wrong. I was misreading league number and puting in the team name (OGF Baseball #1) I am in. I have been off all day at work too. I blame in on the meds.

thanks for the help "then enter league #34580 password" that clued me in!

bill

11. AndroDoug

AndroDoug Duke of Bucketmouth

Welcome Billy Fish! Don't listen to Discgolfer, he isn't conquering anything!

But you CAN just pre-rank your players, and it will pick for you. You do NOT have to be present for the live draft to participate.

Come on guys! Let's Fillerup!

12. 2,718 members...and only 3 have signed up so far??? :confused: :eek: :( very lame......

13. catking

catking Banned

Hey all - Anytakers out there for the baseball league?? How many true baseball fans are on the site??? How many already have joined other leagues?? Just trying to get a feel for the baseball interest on the site...... Thanks .....DA KING !!!

14. i'll be in florida on draftday. i really like head to head better. usually in a roto league, a bunch of teams'll get too far behind early, and never catch up.

15. you do not need to be online, just registered, to have your team drafted automaticlly. i went roto style so that anyone and everyone can join in.

16. Need five more guys. This should be fun! Thanks for the invite.

17. There has got to be some more Fantasy baseball lovers out there. I guarantee this will be fun!

18. catking

catking Banned

You would figure there would be , maybe there will be a big sign up a few days before the deadline? As I mentioned before, I don't recall much in the way of baseball talk from anybody on this site . Heck, I don't think there was even a thread started about baseball since we started this site ??? Just seems like baseball isn't a big concern from our members. But there is still time ;) ....THE CATKING !!!

19. You talked me into it, and since my Reds look like their trying to improve, I'm interested in America's pastime again :D

20. let's get 4 to 6 more in and we'll be full. less than 2 weeks left to sign up. dont make me send o.j. after you guys...