OGF Crappie Tourney

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Nightprowler, Apr 11, 2008.

1. Nightprowler

Nightprowler Crappie Hunter

Where's all the updates.... IT'S TIME FOR SOME TRASH TALKIN'. Nobody even claimed to have it all figured out this year.

2. triton175

triton175 STX 206 Viper

I just figured that you all saw that my wife was fishing with me and you were afraid she'd see your trash talkin'. That would probably piss her off and she'd pay you back by catching even bigger crappie.

Brian

3. with the weather and all this rain and muddy water, i vote they change it to a catfish tourny this year lol

4. chaunc

chaunc Staff Member

Fished delaware today.
    [​IMG]
    This from a guy who's never fished there before......... and i still haven't.:p Got these at shenango lake today. Hope i can find them like this at delaware.:D

5. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

if you can duplicate that at delaware,your trip will definitely pay off.nice catch.

6. fishingful

fishingful Time to fish!

sounds like the tourny should be at the end of aug beguining of may?

7. All i got to say IS THE CRAPPIES ARE READY AND WAITING!!;) If those were Delaware crappies so far this year they would all be Blacks and heavy!!! Hope they stick around couple weeks!! I know where they are hiding at least for now!!:)

8. I'm not in the tourney, but i plan to hit Delaware Tue's, and Monday if i dont hit Blue Limestone. I'll try to leave some in the lake for the tourney, or at least i hope to get into a mess of them.:p :D

9. Nightprowler

Nightprowler Crappie Hunter

My special ruler, that shows 8-3/4" as a 9" fish will be ready. You guy's won't trick me again this year...lol

10. chaunc

chaunc Staff Member

Anybody know where i can purchase a detailed map that shows the weeds and stumps and roadbeds and such? I'd rather do my homework than chase Fishslim and Big Daddy around the lake.:) Looking forward to having a good time fishing with the OGF gang.

11. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  12. Saw about 4 or 5 boats fishing the river as I crossed over 229 saturday morning on my way to marion. Water color looked surprisingly good for that stretch. Didn't see any boats when I returned about 3 hrs later.

13. WHO? ME?

I've fished the lake 3 times... I have an idea where to go, but a better idea who to follow!! ;)

We'll see what happens... It's all we can do. I am getting prett excited...

14. chaunc

chaunc Staff Member

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  15. Chaunc, I still have a "marked" topo map of delaware res I picked up many yrs ago from the bait shop on 229 just west of 23 (Norton Bait?). Not sure they still have them but something like that you can normally get free from a local b&t.

16. I am not going to talk no smack, although, judging from those baby crappie Big Daddy had pics of, I am not to concerned lol. The only problem I invision is if some team wants to try and tip my inflatable (Beverly Hillbilly) raft. I hear there are some big rigs that will be there, which means big wakes. Not that I cannot swim, but I am warning all, that if your thinking about having a good laugh, don't do it. I will have a supersoaker onboard for anybody that gets close. You will get wet. If that is not enough, as a retired Navy sailor, I am well versed in stink gas. Both my partner and I will be consuming hard boiled eggs and beans the week leading up to the tournament. Not only will that turn your stomach, but has been known to bring fish to my boat LOL. Loook forward to meeting you all on Saturday May 3rd, but once were in the water, the battle flag will go up and it is on LOL See you all soon

17. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

if you somehow manage to have any fish to weigh,please take your place in line,downwind of me:p :p

18. I thought this was a crappie tourny. All you're going to get with those tactics are catfish. lol

19. I didn't think there were any crappies in Delaware over 8 3/4!! Hope everyone has a good safe tourney. Good Luck to all!