close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

OGF Announces NEW Media Partner

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Big Daddy, May 25, 2007.

1. FINALLY! I can let everyone know just what is going on!

As many of you know, my "real" job is working as a TV news photographer at WKYC in Cleveland. For several years now, I've been talking with them, trying to get more outdoors-related news items on the air, including fishing reports. Well, I guess the old saying is true, to "be careful what you ask for." :D

Over the past several weeks, I have been working on shooting outdoors stories all over the State, editing them, and with the help of our webmaster at WKYC and several others, we've developed WKYC Outdoors.

It's a web page, connected to the station's news website, that is going to be dedicated to outdoors related news. There will be daily story updates from both local sources as well as national contributors. We'll have a photo section, weather reports (including Betsy Kling's Friday Fishing Forecast) and up to date fishing reports from OGF.

There are several stories on the site now, but understand please, it's a work in progress. We're just getting started and trying to iron out the wrinkles, which is tough to do, because I'm still shooting news stories too!

One of the first stories I shot was with one of our own OGF members, TIGGER. His story is on the website now and is titled "The lure of it all". It's about him and his musky lures.

The great thing about this partnership is that all the stories will be available to everyone on the web, through the WKYC site and through OGF, plus, the stories will also have a home on-air, during the WKYC Saturday morning news.

You can all get involved with it too. Send your fishing and outdoors photos so we can get them on the website at webmaster@wkyc.com. You may even win a prize! Look for announcements on that very soon.

At the end of this post, I'll set up the link. And as I said, WORK IN PROGRESS! ;)

If you have any ideas on TV stories, send them to me at cbachtel@wkyc.com and we'll see what we can do. You never know, I may just show up with a camera and make you famous.

http://www.wkyc.com/outdoors/

There you go. MUCH, MUCH more to come too.

WKYC is the NBC affiliate in Cleveland, Ohio.

2. Reel Lady

Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

That's great news Carl! Your hard work has paid off :)
    My hats off to you for your persistance !%

3. Hey Carl,

I know how hard you have been working on this project. Having dealt with various media issues over the years I also know how much fishing time this endeavor has cost you. I salute you my big friend. We will get a link on Inside the Great Outdoors website next week. Our web guru is fishing for the weekend.

See you Saturday at the Brew Kettle

Reno

4. Dixie Chicken

Dixie Chicken I AM THE VOICE OF REASON!

Just watched the video with Tigger. Great stuff. Nice work John!! Keep it up Carl you just may have a future in the broadcast business.
    DC

5. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Yeah very cool indeed. Carl's been working on this since 06, so it's great to see his efforts come to fruition.

We're extremely excited about the partnership, and completely supportive of WKYC's goal of bringing more outdoor related programming and information to Ohio outdoors enthusiasts.

NICE work Carl!

6. That's some great stuff Carl, thanks for your efforts. I watched the video and I am going to have to buy some of those lures for my collection.

That website is something to be proud to be a part of.

Tight lines,
    LEJoe

7. I love your site. Congrats on making it happen! Does this mean more work for you? LOL! then again if you love something it's not really work, right. Wondering what kind of pics you are looking for?

8. Yes... LOTS more work. Still doing news of the day too, plus the outdoors items. That's OK though... It's a lot of fun.

Pictures can be ANYTHING outdoors related. Fishing, hunting, camping, hiking, birdwatching, you name it. The webmaster at WKYC will review and post them. Sometime in the near future, we'll start doing "featured photos" on the air, plus have contests where you could win some prizes... But we're still deciding the criteria and what-knot...

9. crittergitter

crittergitter Multi Species Angler

Really cool! Great work Bigdaddy!

CG