OGF Angler Of The Year 2007 Please Vote!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Lewis, Jan 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lewis

Lewis ORIGINAL TEAM OGF

Attention OGF Anglers!
    The OGF staff and Vic's Sports Center are pleased to announce The "Angler of The Year" Program.

The winner will receive some of the latest OGF gear as well as a special plaque recognizing their accomplishment!

It is a chance for your voices to be heard as this will be a member only vote.
    You can recognize a member for an outstanding catch or just show your appreciation for a member who has been particularly helpful here on the OGF forums or on the water.
    Maybe even a great new friend you met here on OGF.
    Please include a brief paragraph about who you are voting for and why.

The rules are pretty simple...
    1.Last years winner is not eligible.(congrats on last years win,Shortdrift!)
    2.You must be an OGF member to vote.
    3.Do not vote for yourself
    4.Only one vote per member.
    5.OGF staff are not eligible.(although the OGF staff will vote in the event of a tie)
    6.Please vote in this thread (any votes outside of this thread will not be counted)
    7.Do not post in this thread unless it is to vote.
    8.Voting closes Thursday January 31st 2008.

OGF thanks all of you for making this a great place!
    Good Luck!

2. krustydawg

krustydawg KrustyDawg

I have to vote for my man Hetfield Inn. Steve's went out of his way to organize the Turtle Creek gathering and the festivities prior to the Hawgfest. Very knowledgable and willing to help ! He's a great fisherman and an even better person imo. Plus he has the greatest one liners of anyone I know ! Well deserving of this years title !

3. Although I know quite a few very deserving fisherman from this site my vote has to go to LureDaddy. Not only did he have an incredible year muskie fishing he shared his catches faithfully. Myself and others would look forward to his posts on a daily basis. Meeting him in person for the first time this year he helped my first year of muskie fishing to be very successful. He helped with everything from choosing gear to productive areas and techniques. Thanks a lot John. Between you and a few others my learning curve has been advanced tremendously.

4. My vote is for VC1111.

The giving of the artwork (lures) he makes. All the information he has shared with everyone through the threads and pm's on lure building. Some of which I'm sure has taken him several years to accumulate. Kind, caring, and always willing to answer questions. Not to mention he is a pretty decent muskie fisherman.

5. crittergitter

crittergitter Multi Species Angler

My vote goes to Fishslim! Troy is a guy who routinely helps others with fishing information for both saugeye and crappie. He regularly posts very detailed reports to help others catch fish and I think he helped a fellow member recover a tackle box that had been left at the lake. Not only is that helpful, but it is first class all the way. That's the kind of guy he is. He is a first class fisherman and a first class guy.

CG

6. I'm voting for VC1111
    He has really helped out in the tackle making forum, always answering any questions that you ask + the tutorials. :D

7. I sat down and thought about who I would possibly vote for in case of a tie, and I have to tell you all...

With so many GREAT folks here, if there is a tie, it's going to be an extremely difficult decision!

I'm serious... :D

8. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

I want to vote for someone who actually fished this year!!!!! This is the angler award and anglers must fish and have pics to prove it lol (in my opinion) Now since i cant vote for myself ;) my vote goes to coolwater I've talked to him alot hes a nice guy and loves to fish. When he has the time he posts reports and pics which shows me hes an actual ANGLER!!!

9. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

I'll cast my lot for Hetfieldinn as well. He does help a lot of folks who otherwise might not have a good Erie program put together and has a lot of fishing knowledge overall. The spring get-together was/is a rather unique idea and he also did well in the Hawgfest tourney. Lastly, as an all around sportsman, he seems to be a good Hunter too...!

Oh Yeah, I almost forgot, he's got a very sharp wit about himself, too....you gotta watch that guy. :D

10. My vote is for Het.
    He is constantly fishing & posting the results of his adventures.

11. shroomhunter

shroomhunter USMC 1979-1983

I vote for Troy!

12. My vote goes for Hetfieldinn. Steve's attributes go far beyond his fishing ability. He is always ready to share or help as needed whether it involves fishing or anything else. The unselfish effort he puts forth in helping others
    as well as supporting OGF sets him apart and deserves recognition.

13. I'll have to cast my vote for Het as well,I'm sure others are deserving but I've learned a lot from his posts.

14. My vote goes to Fishslim. I've met him on the water several times this past year (and a few times this past week!). He is always willing to share information reguarding current conditions on several Central Ohio Lakes. Troy is a class act.

15. My vote goes to DixieChicken awesome guy always willin to help anyone anyway he can...And has helped me in a HUGE way teachin me tricks the tactics on my first year on erie. a real a great Teacher and friend!! also inbetween all those sheepers he catches he really does catch some NICE FISH

16. My vote goes to Hetfieldinn as well. I have never personally met him, but have seen him on the water. I look forward to his posts and the pictures he provides. He is always willing to share info with other ogf members. He is very unselfish and has extended many invitations to fellow ogfer's to fish with him including myself. Sorry I couldn't take you up on the offer Steve. Last but definitely not least, he puts his share of fish in the boat.

17. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

hetfieldinn gets my vote. anyone who lands 12lbs of walleye in the last 20 minutes of hawgfest deserves it:p. he has always helped me out.

18. triton175

triton175 STX 206 Viper

Luredaddy - He's the Musky King

19. alot of guys deserve this honor!!!my vote has to go to het!!! without his efforts the spring gathering would not be!!! and as for erie fishing he is always posting up-to-date info!!! my hats off to you het!!
    and i think it was krusty who said he has the best one liners...my fav was "hold my beer...i'm gonna start this thing"!!! THATS PRICELESS!!!

20. joe01

joe01 Functional Fisherman

Fishslim, that guy can fish for inland eyes, never met him but he allways has good information

luredaddy would be my 2nd, this guy can fish for musky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.