close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

OGF Angler of the Month: October 2005

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ShakeDown, Oct 4, 2005.

1. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

EZ Marc Pro Style Charters presents:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

October 2005
    Angler: Reel Lady​
    Smallmouth Bass​

[​IMG]

OGF congratulates our October 2005 Angler of the Month, Reel Lady! Brought to you on behalf of our sponsors, photos are selected straight from our member galleries and voted on by OGF staff to select the Angler of the Month. The selected entry each month gets a FREE Team OGF vinyl sticker, courtesy of that month's sponsor.​

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  2. viper1

viper1 Senior Member

Couldn't think of anyone that could have earned it more! Keep up the Good Work!

3. Reel Lady

Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

Yikes! Me??? Wow guys...That is awesome! Thank you so much :eek:
    I'm sorry I've been kinda quiet around here. I've just had SO much to do to prepare for the Women's Bassmaster Tour preview event. I'm leaving here on Tuesday October 11.. will arrive in Lewisville, Texas late Wednesday the 12th. That will give me almost a week to prefish Lake Lewisville. I have heard that this lake lake is pretty tough, and that we may have a pretty hard time getting our limits. Whereas if we would have fished Sam Rayburn (as originally planned before the hurricane), getting our limit would have been much easier. Well, heck, I'm from Ohio! I'm used to tough fishing! lol I'd say that Finesse Fishing is one of my strengths, and I know that when things get tough, that finesse fishing is a good way to go :)
    One thing for sure is that I would love nothing more than to make my OGF family proud of me and my accomplishments.
    Now I just have to survive this next week and take care of the zillions of things that I have to take care of as part of the preparation for the tournament. Lord I'm going to need a vacation when this is all said and done! ;)
    Thanks again OGF for choosing me as the Angler of the month.... That is SO Awesome! :D (and so was that beautiful Smallmouth in that picture that I caught!) That catch earned me a membership to the official Bassmaster's Lunker Club :B

Marcia (Reel Lady)

4. Perch

Perch Perch Addict

Good Job Marcia ! and Good Luck in Texas too !!

T

5. I hope you had that one mounted. :B Fish of a life time and one on Reel Man! :D :p Nice job Marcia.

6. FABA_Guy24

FABA_Guy24 Bucketmouths Nightmare

Where was that? Lake Erie? Kinda looks like it in the background. ;)

7. What a timely award. A nice send off and momento of what your local fishers think of your abilities before you journey out into the great beyond of professional tournament fishing. Good luck to ya. Focus, focus, focus

Don't take any crap off those Texans. lol

Great looking smallie!

8. FABA_Guy24

FABA_Guy24 Bucketmouths Nightmare

And good luck to you also! Give em H#LL! ;)

9. lip_jerkur

lip_jerkur lip_jerkur

Nice catch lady! Good luck on the tournament trail wish ya the best down there>hang tough :B

10. Reel Lady

Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

Nope, I didn't have it mounted. But trust me, the memory of catching that amazing fish will live inside my head forever :B
    I caught that fish on 8lb test mono, throwing a Husky Jerk in about 10' or so of water. And yes, it was on Lake Erie :)
    It measured 21 1/2" , weighed 6.3lbs. , and earned me the membership privilege to Bassmaster's Official "Lunker Club" :B :D
    I've got a bad bad case of smallmouth fever right now, but unfortunately just don't have the time to get out onto the boat. It's crunch time for me, as I leave for Texas (Lewisville Lake) on Tuesday. I'd be lying to all of you if I told you that I didn't have butterflies in my stomach at times, as well as a few sleepless nights. My brain is so busy... thinking about all I still have to do, all that I plan to do, all the millions of different scenerios I might encounter, and what the final outcome will be. Yup.. my brain is running at full capacity about now. :D
    I just want all of you to know how much I appreciate your support as I pursue, what could amount to be, one of the biggest challenges I have ever faced. I'm not only talking about the whole "Fishing" aspect. I'm talking about the amount of independence that will be required. I know for a fact, that while Rob is able to come down to Texas with me this time, it is highly unlikely that he will be able to accompany me to all of the other tournaments. I'll be on my own completely. Driving 21 hours (and that is straight through driving) to Toledo Bend (alone) while pulling my 21' Ranger is kinda scary. I've heard and read about all sorts of crazy things that could or have gone wrong while towing a boat. It's a HUGE responsibility. Driving through road construction with big cement barriers on one side, and even bigger 18 wheel semi's on the other is not my idea of a good time! lol
    I also want to let you know that I have a website now. It is www.reelady.com. I've never created a website before, so I'm thinking it will be a while until I get things just the way I envision them. I will be posting journal entries and photos daily while I am away at all of my tournaments. Well, at least I plan on doing that...
    Thats all for now....Thanks again...
    Marcia