close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

OGF AEP Outing

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by PoleSnatcher, Jan 31, 2005.

1. Yes

15 vote(s)
    41.7%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    13.9%
  3. Maybe

16 vote(s)
    44.4%
  1. What do you guys think of a outing to AEP sometime maybe late spring?

Something where we all meet at one camp site and have a "carry in" dinner one day. Simular to an outing we had on "the other site"

2. Would be kind of fun, havn't been up there in quite a few years. Use to go up when I had the Jeep, canoe and my fishing buddy was still around. Its a very nice place, lots of water.

3. sgofish

sgofish AEP or Bust

Anytime the week after Mothers' Day you will find between fifteen to forty of us there, usually in campsite D. Sometime in June would work also, there are so many places to go. Lets talk about it.

4. as long as I can get off work and someone will zip up my tent windows again I should be good to go

5. 2talltim

2talltim Bubby wanna be

im always game i have a busy scedule this spring and early summer but ill fit it in some how

6. ..as long as its not during turkey season... campsites fill up quick during the season...
    of course I'd stay at wolf run not aep LOL

7. That would be awsome. If we can get a date set early enough I might be able to work it out so I could be there, it wont be easy with the new baby and all but if I start doing some butt kissing now I just might be able to work something out!:D WE could do a little bass tourney and go out in pairs and fish differnt lakes and then trade info on them later. There are so many lakes there you cant fish them all but if we had several groups of 2 out in different areas we could cover a lot of lakes and do some scouting for the really good lakes. Really wouldnt even have to be a tourney, just bragging rights.

8. I'm up for a spring trip. I wanted to fish that area early this year before summer to have a chance at some nice bass early in the season. I'm pretty busy with school, but could manage to fit that trip in.
    Hey Jerry, when is Mother's Day? I know my spring break is around the middle of March and depending on the weather until then, I was hoping to fish that area sometime during the week.
    Good idea, Dave

9. Set a date, and I will be there! I fully expect to get at least one 6LB+ AEP bass this spring!

Last May at a secret AEP pond:

[​IMG]

10. Thats what we did on the outting for the "other site"

11. throw some dates out here guys.

a weekend in May? 20-22? just an idea, not for certian taht I could even get it off work myself but an idea

12. sgofish

sgofish AEP or Bust

Can you find the pond you atook this from?

13. I can find the pond, it is only a 5-minute walk from one of the orange gates. However, the last time that I was there (September), it was dead. They were working on an access road (still blocked) that runs by the pond. Part of the enjoyment of going to AEP is fishing “new” ponds, and I don’t usually fish the same pond more than a few times. I like to hit about 15-20 ponds on every trip. It is a marathon weekend of fishing when I am able to get out there!

I would like to see us go on the weekend of the 14th or the 21st in May.

Oh yea, who is frying the gills?

14. I'll be down there from April 15 to May 15 every weekend...
    I've been known to fry a few fish from time to time...

15. Hey Rooster, that is one REAL nice bass. That's what I'm looking for there this year. If the outings in in May, I'll find a way to be there for some amount of time. If we had enough guys, pairing up and fishing alot of ponds would be good. That way everyone could now how good the fishing is in alot of ponds.
    I'm going to try to hit it early depending on the weather around the middle of March, which is spring break for me. If anyone else could go, that would be great.

16. I voted maybe because turkey season and my kids could very well limit what I can and can't do at that time of year... If I am already down there you can bet at the least I'll run [​IMG] over to see everyone :D

17. I would say the weekend before Memorial weekend would be good.

18. ...thats not too bad because the holiday weekend it will be tuff to get a campsite...

19. ...thats not too bad because the holiday weekend it will be tuff to get a campsite

Thats what i was thinking, plus I'm sure a lot of people would have family things to do Memorial weekend.

20. sgofish

sgofish AEP or Bust

Mothers' Day is May 8, probably not good timing there. I, however, will be in AEP from the 7th through the 15th, two weekends before the holiday. It might be a little rough getting back there so soon again, but what the hey. Any time we can set will be a great time. Not too many of the ponds are mossed in yet and all of the thick foliage is not quite there to keep us from those "off the beaten path" ponds. The more I think about this, I just may have to get the first tacklebox down and get things back into shape. It might be that or go bonkers just thinking about being there again.