Ohio Game Fishing banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Had the best 2 days of walleye fishing ever out in 80' straight north of wildwood back in 1997. Back when the limit was 10 walleye a person. In early August. 3 of us on the boat and we caught 30 walleye the 1st day, and everyone of them was 27" and bigger. Went back 2 days later and repeated the result. We didn't keep any the 2nd day cause we had so much meat from the 1st day.
Lake was flat calm both days. Only had a 17' boat back then. We were running the smaller 0 size dipsys on baitcaster rod and reels. We would just count the passes on the reel to duplicate the presentation. Didn't have line counters back then lol. I had it all on video but lost the videos in one of the moves over the years. I used to video all my trips on erie. Didn't have youtube back then. I could make some money doing it now lol if I could find them 🤣
Memory's same yr but in Nov. slanted wall in Huron, first fish 6:30 9 th fish 8:30 stay till morning for # 10 but never happen. total weight 67 Lbs.and had to carry them back to the parking lot along with 2 poles, lantern, net, bucket and a big smile. Today I couldn't get up the slanted wall.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
I remember those days fishing off pier/wall in Huron. Today it seems hit or miss? Guys slay em one night and next night no good? Even though wind (same direction), baitfish (shad) still there and weather same as night before. My fishin buddy had one of those "epic nights" and caught his limit of 10 eyes back in the 90's. He struggled to get back to the parking lot with all the fish & his gear!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I remember those days fishing off pier/wall in Huron. Today it seems hit or miss? Guys slay em one night and next night no good? Even though wind (same direction), baitfish (shad) still there and weather same as night before. My fishin buddy had one of those "epic nights" and caught his limit of 10 eyes back in the 90's. He struggled to get back to the parking lot with all the fish & his gear!
personally I think there is to many shad to eat in the river. 1 day last yr my screen went black in the boat 300 yards before the river channel. maybe every 10 secs. I got it to ping to the bottom.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Memory's same yr but in Nov. slanted wall in Huron, first fish 6:30 9 th fish 8:30 stay till morning for # 10 but never happen. total weight 67 Lbs.and had to carry them back to the parking lot along with 2 poles, lantern, net, bucket and a big smile. Today I couldn't get up the slanted wall.
Me and three friends fished the lighthouse in 95 when the lndians were in the World Series. We all got our 10 walleyes plus a pail of white bass. Had to drag them to the truck. The game warden took pictures of our catch.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Had a little back procedure soo havnt been out lately, looks like a real nice lake tomorrow, gonna look at it and head towards the hole,I know theres a buch of fish ill be blowing over but i gotta know lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Today, my uncle and I went straight north of Cleveland fishing 65-60 ft of water. 8 keeper walleye with a bunch of short fish too. Few white bass. Trolling small spoons off depsys. 3 setting, 100 ft back. Best color was pink, green and white pattern.

A lot of fish on the screen today. 50 ft down.

·
Registered
486 Posts
We were out there today as well and it was hard for us to mark fish. We picked up 9 keepers with a bunch of shorts as you say. Our best was blue spoon on 1-1/2 setting at 115. I think we will try the 70' region on a nicer day....pretty bumpy going out this AM

Capt. Ken

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Sat at doc this morning contemplating taking the boat out,decided not to go because windfinder was saying them winds along the boarder were going to build comming all the way from the island side down the pike,,,the big boat boys did it hard right along the aye,,,better days comming for my little boat..Looks like it might be another shot Wednesday if the weatherman is right,,,

·
Registered
238 Posts
Sat at doc this morning contemplating taking the boat out,decided not to go because windfinder was saying them winds along the boarder were going to build comming all the way from the island side down the pike,,,the big boat boys did it hard right along the aye,,,better days comming for my little boat..Looks like it might be another shot Wednesday if the weatherman is right,,,

If you need some company i"m open. son took the boat to NY till Sunday.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts