close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Official gas price thread POST HERE!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Phil Carver, Aug 31, 2005.

1. Phil Carver

Phil Carver Team Bass Xtreme

While out on a run this morning I happend to actually pay attention to what the price was on the sign at the gas station $3.09.9 ! What is this world comeing to ! :(

2. Tee

Tee Team OGF

309.9 is crazy.... :( Looks like I am done fishing Lake Erie since I live in SW ohio. Maybe if I win the lottery I can go up there again.

3. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

where was this at phil?? over here its at 2.53

4. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

Freakin Ridiculous! I'm glad I filled up last week. It won't last very long, but maybe it will get me past the 3.09 a gallon. If you ask me, it's freakin highway robbery. Somebody has gotta do something.

5. why is legal for gas retailers to rob us and illegal for us to rob them. LOL

6. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

thought it would go down with release of the oil reserves by the goverment

7. Phil Carver

Phil Carver Team Bass Xtreme

Ak , that price is everywhere on the east side , by this afternoon im sure it will be that way on your side of town also :(

8. We're going on a camping-fishing trip this weekend. I got lucky and went this morning and filled the motorhome, truck and boat at our local BP for 2.57 a gallon but, as I passed speedway they were 3.09 :( The lady at BP was raising theirs as I was paying. Going to 3.18 :eek:

9. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

Oil releases aren't going to do squat if they can't refine it.

For those of you who heat your house with fuel oil you have my sympathy.

10. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

true very true lewzer

11. Yeah, but they always blame it on some new catastrophy, I'm suprised they didn't try to say they used the styrene in that train car to produce gasoline lol. Seriously it's always something, if we had a fire in hillsboro, that's were they would be getting oil from and they'd raise gas prices. This is getting rediculous, we need to have a tea party (texas oil party anyone)! They'll keep doing it because we just mumble and complain and keep buying it. Maybe if we had a good protest thet'd listen?

12. gas hardly ever goes down when the price of oil goes down but it goes up quickly

13. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

Grin and bare it...! :rolleyes: Hurricane Katrina damaged several oil rigs in the gulf and shut down a few of the refineries in Louisania. It's probably going to get even worse than it is right now.

14. Smallie Gene

Smallie Gene Banned

If they can make synthetic oil, why the hell can't they make synthetic gasoline? Shoot, the price of a quart of oil didn't double after September 11, 2001!

Not to be even more depressing but I remember when I was a kid (summer of '98) and lived in Marietta, I was travelling back and forth to Asstabula for work and I filt up my tank for a couple months at a Starfire Express for 89 cents a gallon when earl was less than $10/barell. :(

15. The BP where I just filled up said it will be $4.00 + per gal by next week, can't afford to haul your boat anywhere let alone fish! :confused:

16. Row, row, row your boat :D lol

17. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

$4.00 a gallon?? if its that high, i'm not even going anywhere this weekend or all of next week..
    the sounds of a scooter sounds more and more inviting..

18. Still doesn`t compare to the price of bottled water. :D

Capt Hook

19. What do you guys and gals think about this? Yesterday gas was 2.65 and now $3.09 for reg. gas. I think it's a bunch of bullsh*t ! It will cost me over a $100.00 to fill up my truck, then my boat another 60 or so just to fish! We are so screwed :mad: . But your boy Bush is really stucking us good with no lube or nothing just ramming us dry and hard. But the billion and billion to fight the war across sea is it really helpping or hurting us? What's next charging us per fish we catch or charging us the air we breath! what your opinion?