Office furniture (FREE)

Discussion in 'OGF Marketplace' started by creekwalker, Nov 4, 2008.

1. creekwalker

creekwalker Moving water...

0   0   0

We moved into a new office last year and still have the cubicles that we used in the old office. There's enough for about 8 "offices" among the various parts including walls, overhead cabinets, work surfaces, and connecting pieces (no files cabinets). The stuff will need cleaned, but is otherwise in pretty good shape. They are a mix of Hon and AllSteel brand.

We're remodeling the current office and running out of room and I hate to toss these in the dumpster. However, I've been unable to find someone who could use them. I've called schools, friends, used furniture stores, and more but nobody seems to need them right now.

Cubes1Small.jpg

Cube2Small.jpg

If you know someone who could use them or know of another avenue where I could find someone who could use them, please shoot me a PM and/or post here. I would prefer someone who can take it all and use it all, but my primary motivator right now is to recover the space in the office it is taking up!

While they are free, you just need to pick them up (Cincinnati, east side).

CW

2. Zfish

Zfish More Horsepower Raider!!

0   0   0

Creekwalker,

Do you happen to have any Book Shelves ?

3. creekwalker

0   0   0

No, just the cubicles and related parts, no bookshelves.

CW

4. biteme

biteme

0   0   0

donate them to goodwill. good tax write off

5. creekwalker

0   0   0

I just called Goodwill and they don't seem interested in cleaning the stuff. They want something they can put right out on the floor and sell. If I don't find someone soon, I'm going to take a piece by their location to see if it's good enough for them to put on the floor.

CW

6. fished-out

fished-out

0   0   0

Try calling CORT furniture rental off of Tylersville. I know they sell used office furniture and they may have the facilities to clean the cubes--they might even pick it up, as they have trucks everywhere.

7. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

0   0   0

You might try running something on Craigs List...... Post a low price & take the 1st offer !!

8. swordfish

swordfish

0   0   0

You might also try yahoo free cycle.

9. BigJohn

BigJohn

0   0   0

Our office manager was in the same boat about a year ago with some of these . She had tried everywhere but no takers and didn't want to just pitch them. So she put them on Craig's List for free-just pick them up. She figured she might get a couple of people interested. She got 60+ inquiries within about 24 hours. Ended up going to a church in Mansfield (we were in Reynoldsburg at that time) who brought a truck and several folks down and picked them up. I'd definitely consider that route.

10. creekwalker

0   0   0

Thanks for the advice. I put it on Craig's List for $100 just so I didn't have everybody and their brother calling me :) Maybe I'll drop it to free. A couple of folks on here PMed me, so maybe someone from OGF will make use of them.

Free Cycle is something I hadn't thought of.

Thanks again.

CW