close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Off to Mogadore Wed

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Zanini, Jul 27, 2004.

1. Hi all,

I've been pretty busy and too quiet on the board, but I'm trying to put that kind of behavor behind me. Wed I'm off to Mogadore. It's been over a month! That's just not right. Mogadore should not be shunned like that. Anyway... does anyone know where the fish are these days? I planned to rig up a white fluke, and a black buzz and check out the weed beds.

Last Wed I was at Nimisilla and had a good night. I never do very well there, but I got onto some sheltered weed beds and put 3 in the boat. I missed three more, but I was happy with the fish I caught.

Thanks for any info you can spare,

Zanini

2. Just was there Monday from around 4:30-7:00pm and had a great couple of hours. It was very overcast and I was fishing nothing but a blue/black senko. I got about 7 in the boat in these few hours with 5 of them being 15 inches long. The other 2 were dinkers and when I say dinkers I mean dinkers, prolly about 6-7".. just a couple inches bigger then my senko. :confused: Also got a rock bass and a bluegill. I was fishing on the south end near the islands and round where you can go under 43.

I talked to a guy out there Sunday who was fishing tubes and said he got about 15 over by 43. It was windy as heck that day and we only got a couple in the boat.

Good luck, and dont catch um all cuz I'll be back out there friday.

3. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

good luck out there. I haven't been there in two weeks atleast, I think. It is deffinately hard to do.

4. I'd hoped to do better, but we take what we can get...

Two keepers on the boat.. both on a black and blue buzz bait. I was missing more fish that usual though. I had two hooked and throught they were on for the ride, and another 4 that just took a wack at the buzz but didn't connect. No luck at all on the soft plastic. The weed have thinned out quite a bit, and I had trouble finding a clearly defined outside edge. Both of my keepers came from more shallow water.

I talked to some other guys who caught their fish in the middle of the lake on the south end while running buzz baits slowly over weed beds.

Good fishing to ya.