close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Off to DC CAG Carp-In

Discussion in 'Carp Discussions' started by tpet96, Apr 21, 2004.

1. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

I'll be heading out tomorrow for the Washington DC CAG Carp-In folks. HOpe to have some great stories and pics to bring home :) See y'all when I get back :)

2. Good luck to all those going...sounds like a great trip to make. I'll be feeding the carp in Ohio while you're gone...hopefully catching a few too.

3. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

CW,

I have WAY too many baits to take. LOL> I have just about everything covered. Maize, boilies (about 20 different types), dips, chick peas, maple peas, tiger nuts, this....that...packs....oats....pellets.......LOL. I should be set......now if the fish can just cooperate for once :)

4. ShoreBoundOne

ShoreBoundOne lengthy Member

Good luck Shawn...gotta love the Potomac!

Mitch

5. Buckeye Bob

Buckeye Bob rrbski, The Happy Carper

See ya friday afternoon Shawn....safe trip.

6. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Same to you Bob! I'll see you there come rain or hurricane!

7. catking

catking Banned

You guys have a GREAT time and good luck to the both of you. CATKING !!!

8. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Ak called. Caught his first DC Tidal Basin carp this morning on a Lotus Seed :) Not big enough to weigh, but still a fish none the less.

9. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Good luck to all OHIO guys that attend.....show them what we all in the Buckeye State are all about gents.

Scott

10. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

I forgot to get some buckeye boilies off of Miso :( :( :(

11. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Ah man..you could have made him FAMOUS dude..geez!!

Scott

12. Miso_Ohio

Miso_Ohio Green Eggs And Ham

What are you talking about Scott, I am already famous in my own mind ;)

13. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Is that BEFORE or AFTER the Molson? :D

14. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

LOL......Shawn thats before/during and after..but it gets worse the more Molson he consumes..hehehe.

Hey Sean, hows that Poison Ivy coming along?
    Funny thing is i didnt get a single bit of it....BUT my wife complains to me this moring after i got home from work that shes got this rash looking thing on her arm thats itching like crazy...?...i died laughing and then broke down and told her that the hug she gave me when i returned from my E. Harbor trip could have been the reason for her "problem"..i then explained that i did shower right after i got home because i knew i had that stuff al over me, but i knew i wouldnt have a reaction to it....never thought about her though..LOL...so shes a litle bit upset with me now..i personally think its funny myself..hehehe!!

Scot

15. Miso_Ohio

Actually for the first time in my life I went to the docter and got some STEROIDS :D :)

I have a wedding to attend this weekend and I didn't want to look too deformed for it, my eye actually looked worst then Rocky's at the end of the first movie. It has about all cleared up except for a few patches here and there, and on top of it all I think I grew about 2 inches on the biceps, but I have been losing my temper pretty easily lately, and I think something else may be shrinking :eek: ;)

In the future I will always have my Ivy Block on hand, the best stuff I have ever come by for the prevention of poison, when you are fishing it is impossible to stay out of the stuff. I should be good for Sunday, I will be coming up from Cincy though so I may not be there as early as a normally get there, hope the water cooperates.

16. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Glad your feeling better man...."I think something else may be shrinking "...HAHAHAHAHAHAHEHEHEHEHEH!!!!!

Sounds good, i'll be there as long as its not raining cats & dogs, we should know more by the weekend.
    Catch ya sunday,
    Scott

17. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Wow CAG must big huge. I think its awsome how dedicated you guys are. Good luck man!

18. Miso_Ohio

I don't know how huge CAG is, but it is very active, and most of the members are very dedicated fishermen even if they are only part time carpers. It seems it is about ready for a growth spurt here soon, and so far Ohio looks like it is starting to lead the way.

They have events all over the country, and if they are anything like out local Carp-Ins, they are a blast. One of our biggest goals is to find our own Town lake in Ohio, and with so much water to fish the more people we have looking for it the better. If you are unfamiliar with Town Lake in Autsin TX go to the CAG forums ( www.carpanglersgroup.com ) and juts looks under Cag Events and Pictures And Stories, there was some monsters taken out of there in the last month.

19. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Guys I'm about convinced to try for Carp more. I love river fishing for them. I think Shawn is going to give me a personal lesson on the GMR this year!

20. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Good luck out there shawn, have a safe drive, and catch a few big ones!