Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had the worst day fishing. Still it was better than work. We caught one walleye two steelhead some white bass and one perch dragging harnesses off dipsy divers. Thank god the boat is quick because going out twenty miles out of Cleveland for that list sucks. Anyone have some tips I would appreciate it because I’m going out on the August 22 and 23 with family and friends and I would like to show them a good time. Where are the walleye off Cleveland or Lorain?

·
Registered
218 Posts
You said 20 miles out. Approximate location? I don't know how they did today, but guys were running near the Canadian line (approximately 30 miles) Locations have been 58 N and 41 W. From my understanding the walleye out there has slowed quite a bit, but the Steelhead has been ridiculous. Not sure if they are staying there because Wheatley certainly has picked up this week. Maybe others can contribute about the bite closer in or even out there. There is a post on here from guys who went out of Eastlake yesterday and limited by noon on Steel, but they were out there a ways. I've heard one boat out there might of had as many as 40 hook ups on steel one day this weekend. That is amazing. Never seen anything like that in fishing days. It is a very long run, not for everyone for sure.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Also, from what I know the Steelhead program has been a spoon bite for the most part. At least for us. Maybe others will chime in about that as well. Might have tagged some more steel if you were running spoons, not sure, just a thought.

·
Registered
536 Posts
If it was Steel you were after you stopped a little short . I was out Friday got 2 tickets of the bullets 2 walleye and a number of white bass in about 2 1/2 hours . You may see a post later today from Trump Tight he was out today and did about the same i think his big fish was a little better then 10 pounds . 57 north 43 west ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts